Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Possible recall

Possible recall

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:30 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 529
Hi guys, called into my local dealership today to pick up some coolant and the parts guy informed me there we’re a recall notice on my car regarding the replacement of the turbo cooling pump and asked me to book it in for them to sort. Now when I went to the service desk and explained why I wanted to book my car in the knowledgeable lady behind the desk said it was just a software update for the turbo cooling pump and then if that showed and issues the pump would be replaced and according to her only affected 1 % of vehicles so booked in next Friday and will let you know the outcome.
My car is an early Z being a Launch Edition so don’t know if any other models are affected but the service desk said they wouldn’t have notified me unless I had booked the car in for something else which would be rarely as I use an independent mechanic so I’m tipping there may be loads out there that need this looking into may be worth a call to your local dealer to see if yours is one of them :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm
2retro User avatar

You should be able to check if there are any recall notices for your cars here: https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall or here: https://www.themotorombudsman.org/vehicle-recalls :thumbup:

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:18 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1118
The problem is, Pug tend to issue “notices” when it is an issue that doesn’t warrant a recall. (I.e. it’s not likely to kill you).

When I had my front strut top mounts replaced, they told me that it was on a “notice” so that they would be replaced FOC only if the owner complained about them. This is a bit sh1t really, it’s saying that they know there is a problem with a certain part, but unless the owner notices, they won’t actually do anything about it.

So in this case, it seems they know there is a problem with the turbo cooling pump, but they aren’t going to tell anyone unless they happen to take their car into a dealership.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:23 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Yes exactly Pete this wasn’t a safety recall just a manufacturer note on the ViN.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:29 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1118
2retro wrote:
You should be able to check if there are any recall notices for your cars here: https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall or here: https://www.themotorombudsman.org/vehicle-recalls :thumbup:

:text-goodpost:

Like I said though, this turbo pump issue is a “notice” not a recall, so it’s not listed here.

Makes you wonder how many other “notices” there are that nobody knows about :eusa-think:
Attachments
5A1E6B16-6FC7-4E05-8F7E-6F54D4F0D1BE.jpeg
5A1E6B16-6FC7-4E05-8F7E-6F54D4F0D1BE.jpeg (174.78 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:31 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 59
My dealer has informed me a Long time ago about this.
Recall for the turbo coolant pump and software update.

Because of the remap i havent Done anything of these and as Long as the car works fine i dont See any reason to do them
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

ONLY AEK wrote:
My dealer has informed me a Long time ago about this.
Recall for the turbo coolant pump and software update.

Because of the remap i havent Done anything of these and as Long as the car works fine i dont See any reason to do them

Thanks for mentioning that! My Z has been remapped and I hadn’t thought the updates would affect it but as you rightly say it would so looks like telling Peugeot not to do the update. :eusa-think:

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:00 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 59
Dont know if its possible for the dealer not to do the update
You should discuss this with Peugeot and the person Who made the remap
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Return to General Technical