Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Variable lift actuator.

Variable lift actuator.

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Kudos: 1
I have a 2010 RCZ GT 200. I've been told by a dealership that the variable lift actuator worm gear is completely worn away. It is being suggested that the only fix is a new cylinder head, at a cost of around £4000.
Has anyone else encountered this very specific issue? Is replacing the entire head really the only fix?

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 373
Hi, sorry to hear your having troubles, I have heard of something similar and by all accounts replacement head was the only remedy :thumbdown:

This is a very uncommon problem though, have you looked through any of the Mini forums as it’s the same engine in the Cooper S. If it is terminal then I would try and source a secondhand low mileage engine you could probably half that 4K repair bill. :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Kudos: 1
Many thanks! I'll look into that. You're right about this being uncommon, I'm struggling to find anyone who's had a similar issue. Appreciate the response!

Return to General Technical