Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Rcz hdi power steering fault 2011 model

Rcz hdi power steering fault 2011 model

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:19 pm
Scooby0509 Member

Kudos: 1
Hello, I have problem with power steering on 2.0 hdi 2011. The problem is the car has stiff steering? No faults on dash or on diagnostic check ??? It has full steering fluid so can't be that so any ideas would be great cheers

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 813
Are the tyres OK? Low pressure can cause heavy steering. Have you checked the power steering fluid level? If all is ok, could be a failing PS pump.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Scooby0509 Member

Kudos: 1
Cheers, power steering fluids are fine I will investigate the pump today,it just seems crazy no lights on the dashboard saying about the steering as you probably know they have a sensor for everything I am surprised they don't have a light if you fart in the car lol.

DKZ5745 User avatar

Mine had one, but I had to disable it, it was like a disco on the dash :lol: :oops:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 295
Scooby0509 wrote:
I am surprised they don't have a light if you fart in the car lol.

Have you not noticed the air recirculation button lights up when this happens, to recirculate the air in the cabin for 10 minutes?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

DKZ5745 User avatar

I have found the two buttons on the drivers door work best when this happens, windows down, then............breath :eusa-whistle:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to General Technical