Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Turn signal sound level

Turn signal sound level

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 am
JvdBosch Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
I know I have a small hearing deficiency on one ear, and I know the R makes more noise than a standard RCZ, but do any of you also experience difficulty to hear the turn signals bips? It has happened to me more than once that I find the signal on, because I pushed it too far or because I just blatantly forget (because of the lack of auditory or visual feedback)...
The lights on the dash are placed too high, so my steering wheel obscures those...

Any possible solutions for this issue? Any hidden software settings?
Red RCZ-R, 8000km and counting...

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:29 am
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 376
It's rare I ever heard the indicator clicking away as I've usually got music on anyway. Pretty sure I wouldn't want some super loud tick tock sound inside the car every time I indicate either.

Just check the indicator stalk is back in the correct position by hand after turning if you're worried it's not cancelled.

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:43 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 813
It is possible to adjust the sound level for the front & rear parking sensor beeps using Mirascript I don't know if the indicator volume can be adjusted in the same way?
I don't think I have ever seen this, maybe someone has done this using Mirascript and can advise further. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
JvdBosch Regular
Regular

2retro wrote:
Just check the indicator stalk is back in the correct position by hand after turning if you're worried it's not cancelled.

Yeah, but when trying this, it's very easy to trip the three-signal switch... Just a louder sound would be nice. The manual states the sound will get louder when driving over 50mph (or something like that) and after 20 seconds of continuous blinking, but I'd like the sound to always be loud...

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 40
I like the sound not to be loud

What can we do? No way everyone to be happy with everything
Just move the steering so you can See the lights
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:47 pm
JvdBosch Regular
Regular

ONLY AEK wrote:
Just move the steering so you can See the lights

It's already pretty high... I'm a tall guy and I like an upright driving position. Almost all cars I've ever driven have this problem one way or the other... But I'll check.

Apparently on other pugs the sound originates from a very small speaker in the steering column. Maybe that can be changed. Anybody have some schematics on this topic to check if the RCZ has a similar setup?

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:32 pm
drdino Senior Member

Kudos: 14
Yeah, there's a small speaker on the COM unit (the black steering column control module that the stalks attach to).

Return to General Technical