Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion General Technical Fault code p0016

Fault code p0016

Anything about the RCZ that doesn't belong in the forums below including Service & warranty questions

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 am
Nikki1976 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi guys I’ve just recently had my rcz 1.6 into the dealer ship and had quite a few repairs done on it ie new rocker cove new coolant pump and new turbo pipe as I had two oil leaks and a coolant leak but since having all this repaired and being £1500 pound lighter their now telling me I need a new timing chain and my manifold/ valves are coked up and need de coking as anyone else had the same problems and can anyone help please

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 581
Hi and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your having so much trouble with your RCZ :cry: the problems you seem to have had are some of the common issues that affect the RCZ but not necessarily all of them on the same car! Rocker covers do have a tendency to leak a bit there were a dealer advisory on some cars to swap the turbo coolant pump but that would have been free, timing chains/ kits another common problem which should cost no more than £600 to replace and the inlet valves getting carbon build up is usually a problem on higher mileage engines or engines that do only short runs.
What you may find upon reading some of the posts regarding dealers fault finding antics then it’s common place to see parts getting thrown at a problem until something works! :crazy:
Hope you get it sorted.
Let us know what sort of problems you’ve encountered and year and mileage of your Z :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 677
There are a few treatments you can do for the carbon build up which I might try first, but as for the timing chain, you can't skip that.
But what I would say to them if you get it done there, is they should of done that when they were doing the other work, so I'm not paying twice for the labour when they should have diagnosed it earlier and done all the work together.
Also, you could question how accurate their diagnostic equipment is, since it looks like Neil says, they are going through all the common faults and parts, maybe at the off chance of getting it right !
Hope you sort it out and after this don't be hasty and get rid, because you will have had all the work and bits replaced.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Return to General Technical