Board index Other Stuff Other Marques 1.6 thp - whoosh noise

1.6 thp - whoosh noise

Non Peugeot Cars and Bikes. News and discussion.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
Have had my GTi now for a few weeks but today I noticed that the woosh turbo noise seems louder than normal. The noise is heard after acceleration and when I go to change up. Thing is yesterday I tried to fit a K and N filter but I couldn't get the air box away to make enough room to get the filter out and now I think I might have done something to it to make the Woosh noise even more noticeable. The car drives perfect so it doesn't feel any different.... Any advice would be welcome.
Last edited by renegade79 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 pm
renegade79 User avatar

It seems to have gotten louder. Now I can hear it under acceleration and it sounds as if air is escaping...... May go and check the air filter box and pipe work tomorrow and see if anything is amiss!

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:42 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1126
It does sound like you might have disturbed/dislodged something :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
There is a installation guide that has been put here
http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/installing ... t3543.html
Hope this helps.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:01 am
renegade79 User avatar

Yeah I used this thread as a guide but my engine is slightly different. The brake fluid reservoir isn't bolted in the same way and access is poor!! I think I put the air box back on incorrectly. May go and have another look at it.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 pm
renegade79 User avatar

So after refitting the air box correctly, the whoosh noise has lessened but now I have an error code on dashboard P0098 air intake temperature sensor!!! Aghhh. What the heck have I done? I had to unplug one of the sensors to get access to the bolts on the air filter but I replaced it and have double checked it and I'm still got the error code.

So after a few attempts i have managed to clear the fault code and here's hoping it won't return!! :eusa-whistle:

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:42 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1126
Yay! Now behave yourself, and leave it alone ;)
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 am
thornebt User avatar

Kudos: 16
renegade79 wrote:
So after refitting the air box correctly, the whoosh noise has lessened but now I have an error code on dashboard P0098 air intake temperature sensor!!! Aghhh. What the heck have I done? I had to unplug one of the sensors to get access to the bolts on the air filter but I replaced it and have double checked it and I'm still got the error code.

So after a few attempts i have managed to clear the fault code and here's hoping it won't return!! :eusa-whistle:

I think most of these codes disappear when you drive the car rather than with it sitting on the driveway. You rack your brains trying to fix it and then you drive somewhere and it cancels itself.

Return to Other Marques