Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

jsocatelli Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Hello guys here is my experience with this unit

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WinCE-6- ... 46010.html

I got last Thursday mine and to be honest i'm very disappointed.

1) No scroll control from the steering wheel control.
2) A pain in the back to add a gps working program although I manage to get it, and when I did, the unit fail freezing on the console part of the program I can't do anything related with the gps.
3) the rest of the unit works quite well except for the beep of the parking sensor that don't work well it sound very fuzy, and is cause the buzzer is low quality.

So basically my score for the hardware 3/10

Cheers. :)

Evil Derboy User avatar

Administrator
Administrator

Kudos: 213
Have to say I've never seen a good review from any of these Chinese "does-it-all" head units. The software is usually very clunky. Better off with a Pioneer App radio in my opinion (albeit it is significantly more expensive).

RCZ S-S Regular
Regular

@jsocatelli
Can you answer me some questions, please?
- How much did you pay in total (with import taxes, duty and customs payments), do you live in the UK?
- Has your RCZ the JBL-Soundsystem?
- I thought there is a GPS program (Igo8) installed
- What about the radio, is the receiver and soundquality good or is there always a rushing and cracking sound?

Many many thanks for your experiences and answers.

Maybe this one will be better (Roadrover C7040P4).
It is shipped from the netherlands but it is much more expensive.

http://www.caraudioexpert.nl/a-574953/peugeot-308-rcz-radio-navigatie-multimedia-7-inch-touchscreen-roadrover/

Tat3trib Regular
Regular

Hi there that alpine double din head unit looks class , I would love 1 in mine , once connected does all the original screen on top of dash still function aswell ie outside temprature and stuff , thanks in advance

RCZ S-S Regular
Regular

Hello,

from which alpine double DIN head unit are you talking about?
Can you post a picture or link.
Attention:
As far as I know there is no CANBUS Adapter existing working with the JBL System!!!

Thanks for Reply

Joesh Newbie

Kudos: 0
I finally placed the order on www.carnaviplayer.com and got the radio installed.
I was told they would declare the price only US$100 to help me to save the import duty. And they did this.
I installed ther radio on my vehicle one week ago, so far everything works well.
Steering wheel controls work.
Front parking radar work.
Rear parking radar work.
I still have all the original functions and a good navi radio.

RCZ S-S Regular
Regular

Hello Joesh,

I guess you are talking about this one
http://www.carnaviplayer.com/peugeot-308cc-rcz-2008-2012-aftermarket-navigation-head-unit-p-1114

Did your RCZ have the original JBL system?

Where are you from? How much did you pay in total (incl. tax, shipping etc.)?

Navi Software (Igo8) was installed incl. maps? Which SD-Card did you choose 4GB or 8GB.
What about the radio, is the receiver and soundquality good or is there always a rushing and cracking sound?
Does the Radio support RDS (Name of current radio station and the name of the played song at the moment)?

Can you place some pictures?

Many thanks.

Biaggi Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Joesh wrote:
I finally placed the order on http://www.carnaviplayer.com and got the radio installed.
I was told they would declare the price only US$100 to help me to save the import duty. And they did this.
I installed ther radio on my vehicle one week ago, so far everything works well.
Steering wheel controls work.
Front parking radar work.
Rear parking radar work.
I still have all the original functions and a good navi radio.

I'm interested in one of these too. Where did you mount the GPS antenna and then route the cable?

Thanks
200 GT THP Pearl white

jsocatelli Regular
Regular

Im so sorry for my late reply

Here iss a 10/10 product from china and the awesome part is that it comes with android on it

http://www.astral-elec.com/ASTRAL/Produ ... ?subid=190

I absolutely recommend it I'm been using it for my car in Costa Rica and its great I have waze on it and can do everything I do on my Samsung cellphone device on the

I paid 630 American dollars for it

Bowerz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
wdmbc wrote:
2.jpeg
i have fitted an alpine double din sat nav with DAB.

you need one connects 2 lead it does parking,clock setting and steering control. mine was about £80. yes you will also need a small patch lead for your make of radio. they are about a Fiver.

then a double din fascia again IIRC about £40.

i have upgraded all factory speakers, the originals are paper cone Chinese 25watts ones - garbage
also put a high quality 4 channel amp in there

Sorry to dig up an old thread, however glad to see somebody sensible finally suggested a Connects2 lead! I currently have a 207 which also uses the RD4 system. I removed my radio in favour of a pioneer unit once and now a kkenwood. Worked perfectly with both apart from reverse sensor beep. Just wondering which model number unit you used to keep the beep? I'm looking for a RCZ that meets my criteria currently so planning out the audio install. Also wondering where you mounted the amp? Did you also do a change in the speaker cable? Sorry for so many questions, just want to know what to expect!

Dbee9 Newbie

Hi all,

I bought a factory RCZ stereo with satnav and I don't know what other things needed to get it started? Someone told me need to get complete different wiring and something called a Lume. Not sure if this is true or not. Please advise. Thanks all
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (151.33 KiB) Viewed 10552 times

Bowerz Regular
Regular

Can you get a photo of the back?

It certainly isn't simple but doable.

He means the wiring loom, that basically just means the bunch of cables. Depending on the connector on the back it may be pretty much plug and play, the hardest bit will be swapping the screen most likely.

You'll likely need the cage it sits in also

Where abouts are you? Located?

Dbee9 Newbie

Hi, I initially thought is was simply removing the old one and installing this one as it's exactly the same as the one in some RCZ's. I'm in Rainham, Essex. Thanks for the advice.

Bowerz Regular
Regular

You're gonna have a few issues. Firstly the standard one doesn't have GPS, so weather there's a GPS antenna lead back there not plugged in you'll have to find out, however for basic radio function, I've looked and they both seem to use the fakra type connector to plug in speakers, power etc which is good. You may need an adapter to plug in the radio antenna as I can't tell if they are the same or not.

When you take the old radio out, I think there a bunch of supports that need to be chopped out so this unit will fit in. Quite a few things to consider.

I'd be happy to give a hand if you can come Southampton way but can't guarantee it will work or that it won't stop you from being able to put it back to how it was if things don't go to plan.

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
Also don't all radio and satnav units come with code protection?
Don't think you can just put in some without matching code.
I remember that already in my 307 you couldn't just swap standard radio/CD like that.

Actually found this in the NG4 manual:
Page 1
The system is protected in such a way that it will only operate in your vehicle

so you'll have to do something so that it will work in your car.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

mjcuk2000 Senior Member

Kudos: 26
See here for a step by step guide on how to retrofit your NG4 unit. It's in French but you can always use google translate.
http://peugeot-rcz.forumactif.com/t1652-procedure-d-installation-rd4-vers-rt6-ng4-wip-com-3d

I have retro-fitted the newer RT6 Sat Nav unit to my car, so there's a few pointers I can give you.

The wiring for the standard stereo is not compatible with your new NG4 sat nav, so you either need to modify the existing wiring or buy an adaptor cable. You can buy an adaptor cable here - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/interface-evolution-rd4-vers-ng4-c2x15535502
I bought the adaptor cable, so I'm afraid I can't help you if you want to attempt to modify the existing wiring.

You will also need a GPS antenna and a longer (non-standard) USB cable to go between the headunit and the USB port in your armrest. The following USB cable should work, although I haven't tried it - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/faisceau-usb-pour-rt6-rd45-c2x15252439 I made my own cable which probably worked out cheaper, this is fiddly but I can give you the details if you want.

One little thing to be aware of is that you will you lose the ability to change car settings (eg. switch on/off drls) once you fit your NG4 as it doesn't support this. Factory fitted NG4s come with extra buttons by the handbrake and the larger instrument cluster display to provide access to these settings. Incidentally, the newer RT6 can support changing these settings so doesn't have this issue.

As others have mentioned the unit will be locked to the VIN number of whatever car it came out of. You will need to use something like a Peugeot PP2000 box (Google it) to reprogram the unit to your VIN number.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 371
:text-goodpost:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Scanner Newbie

I have a 308 CC which uses has the same dash as the RCZ hence the post here
I have one of these units http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WinCE-6- ... 46010.html
everything works including the reverse beep, for this I had to buy an adapter (beeper) which connects between the steering loom and headunit loom,
one problem i do hoever have is that the radio signal is absolutly appalling. there is far too much static. I have connected the cables including the blue cable from the fakra to the ANT cable on the unit. can anyone advise me on how to get this to boost the signal.

RCZ S-S Regular
Regular

Hello Scanner,

I have installed this unit, as I already wrote in some older posts from me.
http://caraudioexpert.nl/peugeot-308-rc ... r-dvd-gps/

I can really recommend this unit. It works really nice and fast. My favorite feature is watching music videos (MP4) while driving.
Radio signal is very good. The RCZ without factory navi has two Fakra connectors. I guess the white one is the main and the grey one is searching for a better alternative frequency.
My unit also has RDS and AF, so it changes the frequency itself when the signal will be lost.

Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43
RCZ S-S wrote:

My favorite feature is watching music videos (MP4) while driving.

:shock: :wtf: Glad that you're not around the roads where I drive :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum