Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Scanner Newbie

Kudos: 0
RCZ S-S wrote:
Hello Scanner,

Radio signal is very good. The RCZ without factory navi has two Fakra connectors.

does it have these two fakra connectors coming out of the back of the unit or is it a aerial din to fakra converter. Mine is the converted fakra aerial din to two fakra connectors and the signal is the worst, I have also swapped the two fakra connectors over with no better results as the colours do not match.

Neonic Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Anyone here had any experience removing an RT6 and replacing with aftermarket head unit?

Or any ideas on an alternative to removing the headunit (So far speaker > RCZ conversion sounds shit)

Bowerz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
Neonic wrote:
Anyone here had any experience removing an RT6 and replacing with aftermarket head unit?

Or any ideas on an alternative to removing the headunit (So far speaker > RCZ conversion sounds shit)

On standard unit without JBL, should be fine, there's a double DIN fascia you can buy for them if you want double DIN, otherwise will need a harness that goes to a Fakra connector that Peugeots use rather than the more universal ISO standard. You will also likely need an adapter for the aerial (also a Fakra to whatever input your aftermarket radio has).

It might be worth getting some co-ax speakers to replace the standard ones with although a head unit definitely does improve things.

You'll find the flip up screen will just be useless and left down though.

mgheita Newbie

mjcuk2000 wrote:
See here for a step by step guide on how to retrofit your NG4 unit. It's in French but you can always use google translate.
http://peugeot-rcz.forumactif.com/t1652-procedure-d-installation-rd4-vers-rt6-ng4-wip-com-3d

I have retro-fitted the newer RT6 Sat Nav unit to my car, so there's a few pointers I can give you.

The wiring for the standard stereo is not compatible with your new NG4 sat nav, so you either need to modify the existing wiring or buy an adaptor cable. You can buy an adaptor cable here - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/interface-evolution-rd4-vers-ng4-c2x15535502
I bought the adaptor cable, so I'm afraid I can't help you if you want to attempt to modify the existing wiring.

You will also need a GPS antenna and a longer (non-standard) USB cable to go between the headunit and the USB port in your armrest. The following USB cable should work, although I haven't tried it - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/faisceau-usb-pour-rt6-rd45-c2x15252439 I made my own cable which probably worked out cheaper, this is fiddly but I can give you the details if you want.

One little thing to be aware of is that you will you lose the ability to change car settings (eg. switch on/off drls) once you fit your NG4 as it doesn't support this. Factory fitted NG4s come with extra buttons by the handbrake and the larger instrument cluster display to provide access to these settings. Incidentally, the newer RT6 can support changing these settings so doesn't have this issue.

As others have mentioned the unit will be locked to the VIN number of whatever car it came out of. You will need to use something like a Peugeot PP2000 box (Google it) to reprogram the unit to your VIN number.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

Hey Boss...

i did everything as you mentioned before and everything is working perfect But there is no sound :cry:
bluetooth, parking sensors, usb, .....et

please help

mjcuk2000 Senior Member

Kudos: 26
mgheita wrote:
Hey Boss...

i did everything as you mentioned before and everything is working perfect But there is no sound :cry:
bluetooth, parking sensors, usb, .....et

please help

It could be a wiring issue of some sort. Do you hear any sound at all?

Which unit did you fit - NG4 or RT6? Does your car have the JBL amplifier? Did you buy the Phibu wiring adapter or did you modify the wiring yourself?

sunilm Newbie

Kudos: 2
Dear all,

I have read all the information on this page and found it incredibly useful and thought I would share my story - hopefully this is of some benefit to others but hopefully I can get some assistance too. Mine is a 2011 Peugeot RCZ with RD4 stereo (no sat nav from factory)

I decided to get a custom fit newly released android unit that also fits in the Peugeot 308. It features a high resolution screen 1024x600, lollipop android and supports internet for google maps etc. it is quite good in my opinion!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1024-600 ... .57.4RZGrf
This is the unit

It actually comes with a canbus box and interfaces with a quadlock connector not ISO so can plug straight into the car!
With this unit the reverse beep actually works straight out of the box which was impressive (not the front) but I found my interior lights did not work or the glove box light and the beep sounded a bit like a military tank. The other thing that bothered me was the fact that I couldn't access the onboard computer.

I then chopped off all the cables and wired on an ISO adapter which was pretty easy as it came with a wiring diagram. I then hooked up the connects2 steering wheel control adapter and connects2 reverse buzzer. My interior lights then worked (which I assume is because the quadlock connector is fully populated and then interfaces somehow with the box? or maybe just completes a circuit somehow? and I could control my onboard computer with steering wheel controls but the reverse buzzer didn't work!! After discussing with connects2 they advised me that the reverse buzzer adapter isn't actually compatible with the RCZ - has anyone else had this experience?!

Anyways in the end I ordered the 100£ stereo on ebay which has the front and rear buzzer support and Steering wheel control support but my main concern now is that I am not sure whether my interior lights will work because it is not a fully populated quadlock connector - just the main 16 pins? Has anyone had any issues with the interior lights with installing new stereo.

I do also have a bit of poor signal when using my twin fakra to din adapter with power input - I decided to connect the power lead from the stereo to this antenna adapter directly rather than powering the iso harness - anyone got any experience with this? going to just try and power both and see if it makes any difference whatsoever!

Anyways in summary if anyone could help me with the following issues that would be great:
1) Any issue with interior lighting? Is this due to the quadlock connector populated pins or is there a workaround easy?
2) Radio signal

BTW I fully recommend my unit and it seems that things have come quite far in the way of what is being offered from china for 308/408/RCZ - the new units even retain the aux (dont think they can retain USB in the RCZ) and come with the canbus from the box that retains the parking buzzer AND the steering wheel controls. It's not an ideal solution because you dont get a nice beep and the steering wheel controls cant control the computer which is why I initially went for the connects2 offering.

See my pics - I think it looks really integrated and fits great.
peugo1.jpg
peugo1.jpg (147.83 KiB) Viewed 4928 times

peugo2.jpg
peugo2.jpg (128.82 KiB) Viewed 4928 times

peugo3.jpg
peugo3.jpg (100.52 KiB) Viewed 4928 times

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1113
Wow, that looks great. Is it touchscreen?

As for the rest, it's all so far above my head it's disappearing in the clouds I'm afraid. I wouldn't know a quadlock from an iOS if it hit me in the face.

But it does look good :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Racheljo Newbie

Kudos: 5
This is the unit I'm looking at, its exactly the same as offered by a dutch company and they sell it specifically for the rcz and 308 with full integration
http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-30840 ... m083-black
2013 RCZ GT Diesel

sunilm Newbie

Fair enough that looks good only a few issues
It won't support control of the onboard computer and for me that was not acceptable as you cant really sell the car on without controlling the computer + change of the clock, accessing diagnostic information etc.
It doesn't have the latest version of android lollipop but that isn't a huge deal

It does look very good though seems to have populated pins for the quadlock so shouldn't have any issues with the interior lights and things like that.

Racheljo Newbie

Kudos: 5
Hi Sunlim, there is a thread on this forum somewhere, where a member has fitted this unit and reported that it does fully integrate with the onboard computer, clock, lock control ect, unfortunately can I damnded as find it again x
2013 RCZ GT Diesel

sunilm Newbie

That's great if it supports control of the onboard computer - you will have to let us know how it goes
Does it support front parking buzzer noise

Stev85 Newbie

sorry to necro but did we find out if this works ?

Just bought an RCZ and would love to have a double din radio with as little hassle as possible :)

paulvill Newbie

Hi all . I just installed my new Witson to my 308 SW and its better than expected , no issues , Actually its the 4th I installed , after 3 for a Citroen C4 2010 and C4 B7.

I can recommend it , nut no the Wince version , Android 6.0 and 7.0 its the best .

Actually you don't loose the wheels commands

Helmski Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
I feel I need to bump this thread as I can't find any other info on my question.

Question is......I have the Xtrons PT double din https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-8-Core-Android-8-0-Double-DIN-7-Car-Stereo-GPS-Sat-Nav-DAB-Radio-4G-DVR/253388098579?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 and 2 different fascia kits. This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23PE09-Black-Nacre-Double-Din-Fascia-Facia-Adaptor-For-Peugeot-RCZ-2010-Onward/350654808014?hash=item51a4a7bfce:g:Jg4AAOSws9BbK51X

and this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23PE04-Piano-Black-Double-Din-Fascia-Panel-Adaptor-for-Peugeot-RCZ-2010-Onward/401460201312?hash=item5d78e48760:g:3FwAAOSwUn9aMp13

Now, the first one matches the dash perfectly but only fits major manufacturers head-units. According to the manufacturers they do not accommodate the aftermarket Chinese HU dimensions at the face. You would have to do a bit of careful modification to the fascia to get the Chinese brand HU to fit.

The second cheaper fascia is gloss black without the sparkles that fits great but without fitting it I already know it's gonna look shite.

These are the only 2 kits I could find which I find astonishing.

Before I go and potentially spunk away 60 quid by attempting to modifying the first one, has anyone found a better fascia kit or a better solution for the double din HU for the RCZ/308? Sunilms is cool but too many buttons for my liking.
Last edited by Helmski on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 527
What about hydro dipping the cheap looking facia and give it a whole new look :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Previous

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum