Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket one

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

classz Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hello,

I'm about to purchase a new RCZ, and I wish to replace the built-in radio with an aftermarket one (yes, I'm aware of the various options for stereo upgrade, but I'm a bit of an audiophile :-)).
If anyone has experience with this, I'll be really happy if you share your knowledge..

I've looked at the interior pictures of the RCZ, and it seems I'll need a custom radio placeholder that will fit the RCZ, and will have a double-din/single-din hole in it (for inserting the aftermarket radio). I bought a placeholder like that for my older car, but each car has its own special placeholder (which changes among the various models of the same manufacturer).

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Yaron

lolli User avatar

Kudos: 1
I'm currently looking for a specific placeholder for my rcz...it seems there's nothing on the market so far...I'll let you know. At least you can repaint the alu-grey finish model dedicated to the 308

classz Newbie

Thanks for the reply!
So you're saying the placeholder for the 308 will fit the RCZ? Is it the 308 or 308CC?

lolli User avatar

I've just found this...it's for the 308cc but, as far as I remember, the dash of 308cc and rcz are exactly the same ;)
http://www.autoprestige-autoradio.fr/im ... e/2556.jpg

VASS User avatar

Kudos: 33

having driven the 308cc for the past x weeks, I can conform its the same dash

classz Newbie

Thank you both for your inputs - I've looked into another site which offers a double-din placeholder for 308CC (and have both UK and world-wide distributors):
http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.asp ... modID=1312

RCZGT200 Senior Member

Kudos: 3
May be worth checking several things....the clock is set from the digital time set on the radio. Several of the cars functions are also accessed via the menus accesed via the radio (follow you home headlights, Drl's etc etc)

Good luck and let us know how yopu get on
2014 Honda CRV SR • 1990 Audi ur quattro 20v • 2004 Mazda RX8 231

FGRob User avatar

Don't forget Bluetooth, USB connection, there are 4 menu functions that used through the radio which not only includes the above but there are other functions as well - I think your quest for a better radio will will require more than a plastic surround.

Rob.
Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

879JTT User avatar

Won't it affect your warranty if you replace the Head unit?

classz Newbie

I had removed my radio in previous vehicles - The warranty of the entire car isn't affected, it only affects radio specific issues (which don't matter to me, since I don't use it :-))
Regarding other functionalities being affected by removing the original radio - My aftermarket radio has bluetooth and USB connection; but I'll have too look into follow you headlights and other features.

stuuyh Newbie

rather than changing the headunit and looosing the mp3.bluetooth etc get yourself an audison bitone signal processor,splices into your car loom and then converts signals to pre-outs,it is excellent qaulity and you have a full 32band eq from your laptop via a usb cable,much better option than loosing your OE headunit

classz Newbie

Funny you should mention it, since I do have an Audison BitOne - But I still don't understand how you can compensate the degraded quality of the built-in headunit by using BitOne.

stuuyh Newbie

classz wrote:
Funny you should mention it, since I do have an Audison BitOne - But I still don't understand how you can compensate the degraded quality of the built-in headunit by using BitOne.

the bitone is a dedicated digital signal processor, it take high level inputs and then processes them and converts them pre out to go straight into your amp,then its your amp that powers the speakers,(im assuming you are going to get new speakers too)The bitone is basically a high end head unit with a much much EQ and better signal processor they cost £500 new,about as much as any good HU...its does its job very very well, I built an audi a5 system using a bit one and got 155.5dB when i measured it,all this was through a bitone,An amazing piece of kit.

bugia Regular
Regular

DAB

Many new in-car radio/cassette/CD players now come DAB-ready, or with DAB built in, what is the case for the RCZ. When I asked the local dealer he was unable to answer. Any views, what one can do if it is a not feature in the RCZ? I have ordered my RCZ already…. Too late? :helpme:

bugia

MALTA

Exclamation Senior Member

No DAB option. But not sure that may cars come ready with it. They should, given they're switching off the analogue signal in 5 years.

RCZ White Senior Member

Kudos: 10
I doubt it the infrastructure is way behind as is especially poor in cities.
Ordered RCZ 163 Diesel GT Opal White Solstice Black Onyx 19 Wheels.

lolli User avatar

Tomorrow is the day...I'm going to install a new stereo...hope that everything works fine at the end...

classz Newbie

Good luck mate! (And don't forget to keep us posted :-) )

lolli User avatar

still one day to go, had a call with my "surgeon", he said everything it's going to work :)
stay tuned

lolli User avatar

I'll post the first pic, then I'll give you al the details. First personal impressions....AMAZING :dance:

Next

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum