RaceChip THP 200

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 252

mrizzle wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

I suppose, under closer examination, it's only a few bucks more for the Ultimate. Why is the jump only £50 more for the ultimate for a petrol but £180 for the Pro2 Steve? Is it just because of the pricing of the ultimate for a diesel ultimate race chip already being significantly more?

My only reservation is increasing the power that significantly with a fairly standard 156 set up. :eusa-think:

To be honest we do not know the exact reasoning for the price increases as you mention. But we gather it is due to the fact that petrol versions require more development and usually companies include development cost into the product to compensate for the time it took in the development. Hopefully that does explain it and I could go to the manufacturer, but a lot of times that is their answer they give - development costs.

The modules are adjustable and so you can adjust it down if you want. All adjustments should be done by a qualified tuning shop or it you have access to a dyno machine to make changes to the module and see the results, until you get the desired result.

We have received great feedback on the RaceChip modules we have sold.

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:02 am
evorcz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
HELLO GUYS!!!! I HAVE CHANGED ENGINE IN MY RCZ THP 200!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF RACECHIP WORKS IN MY NEW ENGINE.BECAUSE RACECHIP SAY IF YOU PUT IN YOUR CAR AND THEN YOU REMOVE HE CAN'T WORKS IN OTHER CAR (ENGINE).!!!!!

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1436
evorcz wrote:
HELLO GUYS!!!! I HAVE CHANGED ENGINE IN MY RCZ THP 200!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF RACECHIP WORKS IN MY NEW ENGINE.BECAUSE RACECHIP SAY IF YOU PUT IN YOUR CAR AND THEN YOU REMOVE HE CAN'T WORKS IN OTHER CAR (ENGINE).!!!!!

Evorcz, I know you must be keen to find out the answer to this :) but can you post in lowercase to avoid shouting ;)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 am

evorcz wrote:

I can't see how this can be the case but will check.

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:17 pm
evorcz Regular
Regular

ok thanks i wait your answer!!!!

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 am

evorcz wrote:
ok thanks i wait your answer!!!!

I have been informed by RaceChip that if the car is the same as in manufacturer, model, and all electronics, and the engine being installed is a direct replacement as in size etc., the the module can be re-used. It is when any of the things mentioned are changed that you cannot without first checking with RaceChip (e.g. engine upgrade in size, different car altogether).

Hope this helps.

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 am
evorcz Regular
Regular

ok thank you for your help!!!

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

RCZperformance - it now appears cheaper to order directly from Racechip (for the Pro 2 for the 156 at least) whose price is inclusive of VAT and no additional postage/shipping costs. Seems to come out at £401.83. Just thought that you may be interested to find this out.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm

mrizzle wrote:
RCZperformance - it now appears cheaper to order directly from Racechip (for the Pro 2 for the 156 at least) whose price is inclusive of VAT and no additional postage/shipping costs. Seems to come out at £401.83. Just thought that you may be interested to find this out.

Thanks for letting me know, very difficult to keep up to speed on price changes and they won't let me know.

So I will look into this and adjust my prices as needed. I will still sell lower than them.

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 pm

mrizzle wrote:

I have thoroughly gone through the new pricing on RaceChip's website, taken into consideration that they include both VAT and Shipping in the cost shown, and modified our offerings considerably. I am using today's exchange rate which will change and so we will revisit this on a regular basis. Due to some of our costs vs. their offerings, we have had to eliminate some module offerings due to not being cost effective for us (we also have to take into consideration PayPal fee's, etc. when you order from us).

I believe that everyone will be happy to see our competitive pricing and for the UK we include shipping in the cost shown (VAT is shown upon checkout).

We look forward to new orders :thumbup:

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Top work! :thumbup:
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 am
kazee User avatar

Kudos: 21
does anyone have any idea whats the setting all about? like 5.1 6.1 bla bla bla... anyone able to explain on this?

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 pm
Gib007 Member

Kudos: 17
Received my RaceChip Pro2 from RCZ Performance and finally managed to install it myself today. It was a pain, having to remove the air filter compartment almost entirely to reach the cable behind, but hey, with care and patience, I did it. I have to thank RCZ1 for her guide on installing a K&N air filter (which I also popped in while I was at it) as it helped me remove the air filter compartment for installing the RaceChip.

Performance is fantastic and it's really no hassle to have there. I'm going to keep it in there, even for servicing. I can't be bothered to remove and replace every time I'm due for a service. Screw it, hahaha. Very pleased overall. Just need to find a way to get all those LED bulbs I bought from RCZ Performance installed! :)
- Peugeot RCZ 2013 Petrol 1.6L THP200 with RaceChip Pro2 and K&N Air Filter (~254 BHP)
- Opal White with Black Side Mirrors
- 19" Solstice Black Onyx Alloys
- RCZ 'R' Red Gear Knob
- RT6 Multimedia & Navigation System
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Vision Pack & JBL HiFi Pack

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1048

If you look in the peugeotpedia section, there are a couple of guides for the lights. Most of them are really easy :)

Post Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 am
Gib007 Member

Kudos: 17
Abzynthe wrote:
If you look in the peugeotpedia section, there are a couple of guides for the lights. Most of them are really easy :)

Excellent, thank you. I will head there right now. I love the irony. I've just ventured to dismantling the air filter compartment to install the RaceChip and I can't work out how to install LED bulbs.
- Peugeot RCZ 2013 Petrol 1.6L THP200 with RaceChip Pro2 and K&N Air Filter (~254 BHP)
- Opal White with Black Side Mirrors
- 19" Solstice Black Onyx Alloys
- RCZ 'R' Red Gear Knob
- RT6 Multimedia & Navigation System
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Vision Pack & JBL HiFi Pack

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:23 pm
jsocatelli Regular
Regular

Hello here is my experience hope someone can help me

I bought the ultimate edition of the race chip test all modes and to be honest I win a lot of torque but no extra horse power than the ones I test without it, here are the curves stock and with the chip.

The problem I'm having is the car is loosing hp at 5.3 rev to 6.0 rev, I think this is call buck?

I can't upload the charts, which is the correct format?

So I call the factory and since I bought the chip from ebay I have to call them, also I called them and they are trying to help me.

So Any advice would be much appreciate it.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 pm

jsocatelli wrote:
Hello here is my experience hope someone can help me

I bought the ultimate edition of the race chip test all modes and to be honest I win a lot of torque but no extra horse power than the ones I test without it, here are the curves stock and with the chip.

The problem I'm having is the car is loosing hp at 5.3 rev to 6.0 rev, I think this is call buck?

I can't upload the charts, which is the correct format?

So I call the factory and since I bought the chip from ebay I have to call them, also I called them and they are trying to help me.

So Any advice would be much appreciate it.

Going to RaceChip tech support is the best thing you can do.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:41 pm
Jait112 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Has anyone got a racechip fitted to their 156?? Are the gains noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 32
Does anyone here currently use one of those RaceChips (https://www.racechip.com/shop/peugeot/r ... 275nm.html) on their THP 200? I am considering buying Pro 2 or Ultimate but not sure if it worth the money :eusa-think:

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:20 am
StinkyTip Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a RaceChip Pro 2 for my RCZ (1.6 - 200THP) alongside Ram air filter. The air filter is now sitting now at the back of the engine where the original air filter normally sits. After adding both the RaceChip and the filter (I installed both at the same time) It feels like I've got absolutely NO improvements. I'm having some Ideas why but If others can share their knowledge :) You're most welcome.

My thoughts:

1- The RaceChip is mapped on a stock engine with stock air filter etc, and by changing my air filter to a Ram air filter, the chip is having to deal with parameters which are different to the ones they were programmed for.
2- The Fact that the Ram air filter is placed at the back of the engine might be pulling in HOT air in the turbo, hence forcing the chip to lower the power output of the car to prevent the engine from getting damaged.

PreviousNext

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum