Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum RaceChip THP 200

RaceChip THP 200

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

dalvin wrote:
Hi I'm from Indonesia,
I'm having a same problem with this socket of RaceChip Ultimate Plug.
Probably SouthEast Asia RCZ has a different plug. by looking at the plug, our RCZ in Asia seems like has the same plug as John Cooper Work Mini. its smaller plug. and the rear under the intake box there is only 3 cable in the original plug. and the one from Racechip is 4 cable.

"RCZ-Performance" Do you have any idea how to fit in? I'm waiting for the reply from Racechip.
Hopefully all be okay and I'm waiting for our Dyno Test Result as Racechip Klaim a very high increase horsepower.

Sounds like you have got the incorrect cable.

There are two cables used for the THP156 and THP200 when it comes to the RaceChip Pro2 and Ultimate modules.

If you take off the connector on top of the engine that the RaceChip cable connects too, and tell us what colour the insert is (either black or white), we can tell you what cable you should have.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 pm
Gib007 Member

Kudos: 17
It's great to see someone doing it. I'm sure insurance would shoot up, though, no? Also I think while I'm paying off the car, the loan company will not legally allow me to do this. Not sure warranty is also an issue (I'm not fully informed). I would have this done to my RCZ in the future. RaceChip advertise that the Peugeot RCZ 200 BHP engine would perform at 256 BHP with their Pro 2 chip and would save up to 1L/100km in petrol consumption. Certainly sounds interesting.

Speaking of which, is there an online guide as to how to install this step-by-step? If I were living in mainland UK, I'd happily deal with RCZ Performance but I'm in Gibraltar.
- Peugeot RCZ 2013 Petrol 1.6L THP200 with RaceChip Pro2 and K&N Air Filter (~254 BHP)
- Opal White with Black Side Mirrors
- 19" Solstice Black Onyx Alloys
- RCZ 'R' Red Gear Knob
- RT6 Multimedia & Navigation System
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Vision Pack & JBL HiFi Pack

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:05 am
Jim Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi am thinking of getting a plug in chip!! Will it do any damage to my 2012 rcz??? I have the hdi 163 diesel gt model!!

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Gib007 wrote:
It's great to see someone doing it. I'm sure insurance would shoot up, though, no? Also I think while I'm paying off the car, the loan company will not legally allow me to do this. Not sure warranty is also an issue (I'm not fully informed). I would have this done to my RCZ in the future. RaceChip advertise that the Peugeot RCZ 200 BHP engine would perform at 256 BHP with their Pro 2 chip and would save up to 1L/100km in petrol consumption. Certainly sounds interesting.

Speaking of which, is there an online guide as to how to install this step-by-step? If I were living in mainland UK, I'd happily deal with RCZ Performance but I'm in Gibraltar.

The module comes with an installation guide and I can supply that to you electronically if you email us at [email protected]

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Jim wrote:
Hi am thinking of getting a plug in chip!! Will it do any damage to my 2012 rcz??? I have the hdi 163 diesel gt model!!

This question is subjective to many different answers, but basically if you do any modification to your cars performance, you have to understand that you will subjecting the engine, drive-train, etc. to more demands because more than likely your driving of the car will change (e.g. harder accelerations). Will it directly damage your RCZ by plugging it in, the answer is no. But how you drive your car, with or without the module will depict how your car responds.

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Gib007 Member

Kudos: 17
Thanks very much for the reply. I'll speak to the dealer about modifications when my RCZ is delivered. I might not be able to do this until the car is paid off entirely. If I can, I can see myself ordering this from you! :)
- Peugeot RCZ 2013 Petrol 1.6L THP200 with RaceChip Pro2 and K&N Air Filter (~254 BHP)
- Opal White with Black Side Mirrors
- 19" Solstice Black Onyx Alloys
- RCZ 'R' Red Gear Knob
- RT6 Multimedia & Navigation System
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Vision Pack & JBL HiFi Pack

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 pm
JumaJum Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Just a bit of information about my experience with Racechip Pro.
No problems, what so ever!
Car has been twice in regular early service, they said it is up to me if I use it (chip) or not.
I did not loose warranty. And now the two year warranty is over anyway...

Next week K&N filter will arrive :-)

Juma
RCZ THP 200
Pearly White
RaceChip Pro 225PS (via Dynamometer) 330 Nm
K&N Air Filter

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am
evorcz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
HI GUYS.I YOUSE RACE CHIP PRO...AT FIRST THE CAR HE GOES VERY FAST AND I SEE THE DEFERENT BUT AFTER FEW MONTHS THE PROBLEM START THE COOLANT LEVEL AND THEN TEMPERATURE GOES 120 AND THEN MY ENGINE BLOW UP.SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :)

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Perhaps RCZ Performance can advise you. He's a man with a LOT of knowledge on such matters.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:13 am

mrizzle wrote:
Perhaps RCZ Performance can advise you. He's a man with a LOT of knowledge on such matters.

The only input we have is that the coolant problem should be sorted before engine damage occurs. Several RCZ's have experienced coolant loss and high temperatures that have not incorporated any modifications.

Sent from my RCZ

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am
jim80 Newbie

Kudos: 2
Hi All,
I just wanted to provide my feedback after installing the Racechip Pro2 into my RCZ 1.6t 200THP 2010.

I purchased mine on Amazon earlier this month and it arrived to Sydney Australia after a couple of days which is super fast.
It took me around 45 mins to install due to the location of the 2nd connector underneath the airbox.

As a bit of background, i have a stock standard car except for an K&N panel filter, use 5w-30 Mobil 1 with 98 Octane Shell optimax.
I drove the car from Canberra to Sydney and it averaged 5.2L/100km at 118Kmh (according to in car fuel consumption and smartphone GPS).

When i first installed the chip, i left it at the default settings of 6,1.
I floored the car up a mild incline flooring it from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears and there was a warning which flashed up in Red in the dials which read something along the lines that that a temperature was too hot. The error msg went away in less than a second and didn't allow me to read it all. The analogue water temp was still sitting at 90 degrees and was not above average temp.

Since then i couldn't replicate the error msg anymore, flooring it constantly everywhere and enjoying the added kick in every gear. Performance is significantly more punchy with the default settings.
After a day, i flicked it to 7,1 which is the highest setting possible for the racechip pro2.
Performance seems to be around the same and i have not experienced any more error lights. When i connected to OBD2 to the torque app, there were no error logs.

So in summary, so far i am very happy with the racechip pro2.
I will post my fuel consumption again next time i drive to Canberra to see if it makes any real world difference.

I had a friend of mine who purchased the SuperChips flash for his Renault Megane RS250 2012.
He took it to the dyno and found that the AFR was too lean for his liking and he had the handset and product fully refunded to him without questions. Which i thought was pretty good, given the dealer was based in NZ also, shipping costs etc.

What i like about the racechip is, that it can be returned back to stock very simply without a reflash in case of servicing or warranty claims.

Jim80
Sydney Australia

Update: 2 Jan 2014.
I drove from Bowral to Sydney last week along the same stretch of highway and i averaged 4.5l/100km, temp 27-30 C. Distance 107KM. Cruise control was set to 110km/h.
Last edited by jim80 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Some great feedback there!! :thumbup: I think I'm going to invest in one of these at some point in the future.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:30 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Question though, why is the one for an HDi HUGELY cheaper?!
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:34 pm

mrizzle wrote:
Some great feedback there!! :thumbup: I think I'm going to invest in one of these at some point in the future.

We can't wait for your order ;)

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Tuning_c4.htm

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm

mrizzle wrote:
Question though, why is the one for an HDi HUGELY cheaper?!

I believe it comes down to the complexity of the engine management that petrol versions require vs. diesel.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 pm
mrizzle User avatar

RCZ-Performance wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

:lol: I've already been on today and had a wee look at the options. I've discounted the ultimate one but wonder if I'd feel disappointed by the standard one. :eusa-think:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:12 pm

mrizzle wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

:lol: I've already been on today and had a wee look at the options. I've discounted the ultimate one but wonder if I'd feel disappointed by the standard one. :eusa-think:

I think we have sold one Standard, several Pro2's, lots of Ultimate. We would suggest the Pro2 if you do not want the Ultimate.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

mrizzle wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

It'll most likely be different for you. But the standard one only upped my car by 5bhp :(

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm
mrizzle User avatar

RCZ-Performance wrote:
mrizzle wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
[quote="mrizzle"]Some great feedback there!! :thumbup: I think I'm going to invest in one of these at some point in the future.

I think we have sold one Standard, several Pro2's, lots of Ultimate. We would suggest the Pro2 if you do not want the Ultimate.[/quote]

I suppose, under closer examination, it's only a few bucks more for the Ultimate. Why is the jump only £50 more for the ultimate for a petrol but £180 for the Pro2 Steve? Is it just because of the pricing of the ultimate for a diesel ultimate race chip already being significantly more?

My only reservation is increasing the power that significantly with a fairly standard 156 set up. :eusa-think:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:00 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Abzynthe wrote:
mrizzle wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
[quote="mrizzle"]Some great feedback there!! :thumbup: I think I'm going to invest in one of these at some point in the future.

It'll most likely be different for you. But the standard one only upped my car by 5bhp :([/quote]

REALLY?! :o According to the figures I'm presented with it should be almost 9 times that!!!
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

PreviousNext

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum