Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum RaceChip THP 200

RaceChip THP 200

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:49 am
nazerim Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
Was considering this as warranty is 3 years, but seems like a quite a bit of a hassle getting the Racechip in. 200THP still seems plenty fast to me right now, maybe when it starts feeling "slow" in a couple of years (or months?) I'll get a Superchips ECU remap.

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 am
joeinferno Regular
Regular

Hi guys.. was wondering if the gearbox, clutch, turbo and brakes can handle up to 26% more power? Even the RCZ cup cars with 25% more power got so much up upgrades to keep the 250hp under control ;) jumajum, did u upgrade anything else on yr RCZ?

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:55 pm
nitRon Newbie

I can only agree with jassy, a remap is 100x better for youre engine because its made for youre car, and not a standard file ... you can have problems later if the car has more miles!!!

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:44 pm
Figo User avatar

Kudos: 231

jassyo06 wrote:
JumaJum wrote:
obicat, only torx driver, that's all.

and jassyo06 , what ever...

my 17 year old step daughter uses that word to me :thumbdown: i know from past experience what hassle these boxes cause and you will have the same hassle,everytime prior to visiting a dealership,a custom remap is better over all juma

+1^infinity.

These boxes simply fool your car into thinking it is in a condition it is not...

On diesels this is ok as the engines are very strong.. on a high compression, Force induced lightweight petrol engine however....

your best friend can be time.. as its not a question of if it will pop.. just when.

Tune up by all means... but do it right for peace of mind
Image <---- Give it a click *Updated 19/03/14*

THE OWNERSHIP THREAD - LETS BE HEARD!

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 pm
JumaJum Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
well, we'll see...
RCZ THP 200
Pearly White
RaceChip Pro 225PS (via Dynamometer) 330 Nm
K&N Air Filter

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 am
nazerim Regular
Regular

I'll stay tuned to see how you get along with this mod - usually tolerances for these are well within limits, just that running at higher pressure/compression will stress the components more. This would also be true for an ECU remap, I think uncertainty comes from just how well an external chip can regulate the engine.

What does the RaceChip interface with? I can see it increasing the boost pressure for the turbo I think, and the other sensor would be the fuel compression ratio?

Post Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 am
Figo User avatar

Kudos: 231

hope it all goes well even though im a skeptic :lol:

Just remember ECU will use the following to make adjustments..
MAF
MAP
IAT1
IAT2
on board barometric sensor.
EGT
Fuel Temp
Fuel Pressure
ECT
EGR %
Swirl position
Engine Load
Throttle position

then you add a few resistors to change what the ECU thinks its getting.
Image <---- Give it a click *Updated 19/03/14*

THE OWNERSHIP THREAD - LETS BE HEARD!

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:21 am
nitRon Newbie

and their PDF doesnt seems to be right, i think they fooled with the temperature at there dyno place, normaly it has 200bhp and 275nm torque, and the RCZ they tested had 227bhp and 290nm torque standard, but they can reach that if they fool us with their settings on there dyno haha :D after the superchip installed they have 233bhp? So 28 at the most diffrence and 6bhp in total more, wow thats great haha 6 bhp like you will notice that :D
http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/RCZ% ... 200bhp.pdf

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

SuperChips REMAP !!! You can't go wrong !!!

No I don't work for them, I just believe in them knowing what they are doing since they have been doing this for years, and the fact that they did a great job with mine...true professionals and racers !!!

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:17 am
jopoman69 Newbie

hi, I'm bit suspicious with the chip. After installing racechip to my volvo xc60 D3 ( one year old with 15 000 miles ) serious problems started. engine stopped more than hundred times when overtaking or accelerating. and finally whole engine had to change - never want experience that sad tuning. I bought month ago rcz TPH 200 but I' m affraid to use any chips. do you have only positive experiences with racecips and does it make real difference?

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 am

jopoman69 wrote:
hi, I'm bit suspicious with the chip. After installing racechip to my volvo xc60 D3 ( one year old with 15 000 miles ) serious problems started. engine stopped more than hundred times when overtaking or accelerating. and finally whole engine had to change - never want experience that sad tuning. I bought month ago rcz TPH 200 but I' m affraid to use any chips. do you have only positive experiences with racecips and does it make real difference?

I have sold a few of the RaceChip modules with great feedback and results, and no problems reported. It's a simple bolt-in and if you have problems, you can always remove it. Of course support is also available if you are having problems.

http://rczperformance.com/EngineTuning.html#Race-Chip

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 pm
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
It's all well and good throwing these little boxes in a car and saying at 10000 miles on the clock that it's running sweet. Your typical car engine now has to be designed to go to 100k plus miles and then some whilst being relatively high performance. You can tune what you want on a car engine but the simple fact of the matter is that the harder you run it, the quicker it will bugger up. Not to mention the potential issues with the timing chain on the THP engine type. I can't see these mods helping that out much at all.
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:06 pm

xzibit206 wrote:
It's all well and good throwing these little boxes in a car and saying at 10000 miles on the clock that it's running sweet. Your typical car engine now has to be designed to go to 100k plus miles and then some whilst being relatively high performance. You can tune what you want on a car engine but the simple fact of the matter is that the harder you run it, the quicker it will bugger up. Not to mention the potential issues with the timing chain on the THP engine type. I can't see these mods helping that out much at all.

You make good points, especially for the new people that are starting to modify cars. It is a known fact that doing modifications, such as the module, will reduce the longevity on many parts of the car (engine, clutch, etc.). But without these mods the longevity will still depend on how you drive. If you drive conservatively then most items will last for a long time. The harder you drive it the items will last less time (e.g. tyres, brakes, clutch, etc.). For those of us that have been modifying cars for years we are well aware that items will break and fail sooner that expected, and items that normally wouldn't have a problem will. It is the risk we take. At the end of the day, each owner wants to enjoy their car how they want. I praise all owners of any car for driving it and taking care of it how they want. I have a special admiration for those that like to be different and start to do modifications to their car to personalize it. As long as cars are produced there will always be modifications available for them.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm
knarain Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi, greetings to everyone. I'm kavin fr Malaysia. I jus purchased a race chip pro fr rcz performance. I'm having a really hard time with the installation. Is the map sensor below the air filter box? Do I have to partially remove the air box to access the sensor? If its tht then my installation cable does not fit. Does anyone have a step by step installation fr the race chip? Pls help. Thanks.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 pm
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
That's fine. I realize that you are running a business now selling these bits and pieces and for those interested, by all means go for it. I was just concerned by how "yeah just bung it in and the car goes faster without any down sides!" a lot of the previous comments were.
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm

xzibit206 wrote:
That's fine. I realize that you are running a business now selling these bits and pieces and for those interested, by all means go for it. I was just concerned by how "yeah just bung it in and the car goes faster without any down sides!" a lot of the previous comments were.

It's all good :thumbup: and it's always good for everyone to know the pro's and con's of these things.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:57 pm

knarain wrote:
Hi, greetings to everyone. I'm kavin fr Malaysia. I jus purchased a race chip pro fr rcz performance. I'm having a really hard time with the installation. Is the map sensor below the air filter box? Do I have to partially remove the air box to access the sensor? If its tht then my installation cable does not fit. Does anyone have a step by step installation fr the race chip? Pls help. Thanks.

Hi Kavindra, I hope you got it sorted after I sent you the examples and instruction guide.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm
knarain Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi Steve, nope, have not sorted it. Installation cable does not fit into the sensor below the air box. Could it be the wrong cables?

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:13 am

knarain wrote:
Hi Steve, nope, have not sorted it. Installation cable does not fit into the sensor below the air box. Could it be the wrong cables?

I'll sort it for you. Will reply to your email.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 am
dalvin Newbie

Hi I'm from Indonesia,
I'm having a same problem with this socket of RaceChip Ultimate Plug.
Probably SouthEast Asia RCZ has a different plug. by looking at the plug, our RCZ in Asia seems like has the same plug as John Cooper Work Mini. its smaller plug. and the rear under the intake box there is only 3 cable in the original plug. and the one from Racechip is 4 cable.

"RCZ-Performance" Do you have any idea how to fit in? I'm waiting for the reply from Racechip.
Hopefully all be okay and I'm waiting for our Dyno Test Result as Racechip Klaim a very high increase horsepower.

PreviousNext

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum