Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum 200bhp BHP RCZ -more power than Peugeot's official figure

200bhp BHP RCZ -more power than Peugeot's official figure

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Dom1102 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Thought members may be interested to hear that my bog standard unmodified 3000 mile '200 BHP' RCZ posted 228 BHP on Superchips dyno! :thumbup:

obicat Member

Kudos: 1
Hi Dom1102, that's definitely good to know! what was the ambient temperature when you did your run? It's 32 Celsius where i'm from, so i'll assume i get less.. haha

manelin Senior Member

Kudos: 0
yes... read a few times of ppl that put a wel run in 200 on a dyno,,, and they were 215-220 hp

Figo User avatar

Kudos: 231

good in one sense.. bad in that they still take nearly 8 seconds to get to 60 :lol:

Wonder how the 156 dynos
Image <---- Give it a click *Updated 19/03/14*

THE OWNERSHIP THREAD - LETS BE HEARD!

obicat Member

Kudos: 1
haha has anybody out there tried doing a 0-60 timing run? maybe it'll be faster than quoted!
I'd do it to try once my break-in period ends

Dom1102 Regular
Regular

Not to disrespect the lesser powered versions but seems to me that Peugeot UK have done a 'ratner' (google it) specifically with the marketing of the 200bhp petrol RCZ model. None of the marketing I have seen even mentioned the top end model, let alone the real BHP figure or actual 0-60 time (actually way less than 8 secs ;) ). Ok so it isn't an out and out sports car ( probably better for it) but I read a forum post from one of the (possibly less than sportsmanlike) 2011 le mans drivers (forgot the name) who mentioned that the team racing drivers helped with the tuning and development of the models sweet handling and dynamics. if all this isn't marketing Gold, tell me what is? Come on Peugeut PR dept :sleeping-yellow: , big up the 200THP, the competition are wiping the floor with you column inches wise!!

Ps this forum sucks on iPad/iPhone! 2nd attempt to post, lost first draft after accidentally touching a link! Is there an App?

rcz200it Regular
Regular

The record is 233 hp from a Spanish magazine tested by gordi gene'

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum