Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Quad Exhaust - too loud or not too loud - that is the questi

Quad Exhaust - too loud or not too loud - that is the questi

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
Hi all,

I've decided to treat The Red Lady to a new quad exhaust system via Tony Banks (thanks Neil for the heads up).

I'm looking to increase the dia of the tail pipes... something inline with the below photo.

I've also been considering how much 'roar' to add? and came across this video, although it's a branded exhaust system, I do like the sound it makes... or do you think it's too loud? (neighbours need not reply)

The actual exhaust noise dosent kick in until after 40 seconds and there's a acceleration test after 1 minute 10 seconds.... https://youtu.be/RD-lhnsAasE

Your options please....

Thank in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Red Carbon 200

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 542
Sounds ok to me, I’m not sure if it’s louder than mine or not :eusa-think: mine probably sounds deeper as my silencer looks bigger than the one in the video.
I actually had my custom system done by Shane at STG performance in Wakefield after taking advice from a well respected performance centre, they said Tony Banks was overpriced and his work not as good as STG :crazy: Tony Banks quoted me £850 for the system I wanted, STG did it for £500!! :dance: I did have to wait 3 months though because of high demand but well worth the wait :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 252
My quads are Remus, and to be honest seem a bit tame. :sleeping-yellow:
Not sure I would have bothered if they weren't already on the motor. :eusa-think:
Trouble is after the Zero, where conversation stopped if right foot applied, anything is "tame". :twisted:
Remus look good, even though a bit wonky! :thumbup:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

1ac26aea-ef6b-4e72-b743-e294cb7e8324.jpg
1ac26aea-ef6b-4e72-b743-e294cb7e8324.jpg (222.18 KiB) Viewed 345 times
IMG_6601.JPG
IMG_6601.JPG (250.93 KiB) Viewed 345 times
IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6604.JPG (248.54 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
neilgsxr69 wrote:
Sounds ok to me, I’m not sure if it’s louder than mine or not :eusa-think: mine probably sounds deeper as my silencer looks bigger than the one in the video.
I actually had my custom system done by Shane at STG performance in Wakefield after taking advice from a well respected performance centre, they said Tony Banks was overpriced and his work not as good as STG :crazy: Tony Banks quoted me £850 for the system I wanted, STG did it for £500!! :dance: I did have to wait 3 months though because of high demand but well worth the wait :beer:

STG it is then :thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification... just saved me a wasted journey to Leeds.
Red Carbon 200

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 631
Can't help but love all that carbon drip fest !!!

I too would like my zorst to sound that little bit more throaty and after speaking to Shane @ STG he says he can do it without changing the tips or look at the rear. Keeping in with the ethos of not wanting to go to far, that I can't revert back if ever I sell the Z.

Good luck with the quads and don't forget to post the outcome !!

Cheers M. :thumbup:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

stewartwillsher wrote:
My quads are Remus, and to be honest seem a bit tame. :sleeping-yellow:
Not sure I would have bothered if they weren't already on the motor. :eusa-think:
Trouble is after the Zero, where conversation stopped if right foot applied, anything is "tame". :twisted:
Remus look good, even though a bit wonky! :thumbup:

I believe you’ve got a rear quad system there Stewart so the center silencer will still be in the system that’s why it’s quieter than the looks. The Remus quad is a pretty expensive part, that’s why you don’t see many the reason why it’s dropping at one side is that the off side (UK) pipe runs round the boot well and will have a clamp to the silencer side and this will have just loosened off a bit, should be a simple job to sort. :beer:

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Looks like you may just have a hanger broken see photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum