Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Wish

Wish

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:57 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
When I was researching the z pre-purchase I read a lot about its dull interior. Maybe it's because all my fun cars before the z were very much(decades) older but I think the z's interior is just lovely.

But...

The control panel (radio, etc.) shiny plastic surface does, to my mind, let the rest of the interior down a little.

I might wrap those bits as a wee non-technical project but this has all got nothing to do with my question....

Not now, but I'm sure I won't be able to resist to upgrading to something like this...http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2 ... -8-v5634-b

But my kid recently put me on to Wish.com. Cautiously bought a few cheap things for him & it worked out ok. Then bought a few cheap things for me (rcz bits & pieces) & they were fine.

Now I wonder about buying something like the Android unit!!?? Anyone on here with experience?
'11 white RCZ TPH 200 ...new adventure
'12 black Ford Grand C-Max ...for bunch of kids
'76 white sunroof 912E ...in storage back home
'69 black Karmann Ghia Coupe ...gave to my brother back home

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 pm
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 57
Check out this for android unit installation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXktcLAJ9Sg

The only thing i don't like about RCZ interior is that shiny control panel plastic :thumbdown:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 257
Nemi wrote:
Check out this for android unit installation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXktcLAJ9Sg

The only thing i don't like about RCZ interior is that shiny control panel plastic :thumbdown:

Nothing an Australian bowler couldn't sort! :twisted:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:47 pm
Stu8 Senior Member

Kudos: 82
Jh72i wrote:
When I was researching the z pre-purchase I read a lot about its dull interior. Maybe it's because all my fun cars before the z were very much(decades) older but I think the z's interior is just lovely.

But...

The control panel (radio, etc.) shiny plastic surface does, to my mind, let the rest of the interior down a little.

I might wrap those bits as a wee non-technical project but this has all got nothing to do with my question....

Not now, but I'm sure I won't be able to resist to upgrading to something like this...http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2 ... -8-v5634-b

But my kid recently put me on to Wish.com. Cautiously bought a few cheap things for him & it worked out ok. Then bought a few cheap things for me (rcz bits & pieces) & they were fine.

Now I wonder about buying something like the Android unit!!?? Anyone on here with experience?
I installed one simular a while back no problems so far, plus I installed a reverse camera , makes a world of difference and brings the dashboard up too date. Image

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:00 pm
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Kudos: 73
Installed a double din Kenwood deck into mine a while ago.

Definitely simplifies and modernises the dash.

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 am
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Doesn't fix the shiny plastic :wtf: but certainly distracts - love those pics.

Dare I ask where you purchased - guessing its not from wish.com!

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 am
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

I actually like the shiny metallic plastic, but it would be easy to spray / wrap to a different finish if desired.

I bought the Kenwood double din locally, but the dash surround online. Was pretty cheap from memory.

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 639
If I didn't have the built in shat nav, I would update my head unit, but I fear losing the controls and the parking sensors.

I've got to admit that the sat-nav is pretty poor.

I would like to update unit and put in a data stick to have internet on the go and seen video of fitting unit for Alexa, which I think is pretty cool.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 550
Plecodoras wrote:
If I didn't have the built in shat nav, I would update my head unit, but I fear losing the controls and the parking sensors.

I've got to admit that the sat-nav is pretty poor.

I would like to update unit and put in a data stick to have internet on the go and seen video of fitting unit for Alexa, which I think is pretty cool.

I’m sure in the RCZ official accessories brochure there is a gadget available to make your Z WiFi :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 am
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Plecodoras wrote:

Can get sat Nav units that operate much better than the factory system and it's possible to retain parking sensors and factory stalk controls with an aftermarket unit also.

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

SilverGTi_6 wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:

Can get sat Nav units that operate much better than the factory system and it's possible to retain parking sensors and factory stalk controls with an aftermarket unit also.

Would you have a link to a unit that would have all the features guaranteed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Just google mate. Most of the high end units have sat nav these days. Try Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer etc.

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 205
I have ng4 flip up and JBL, if I could find something that would work with that I'd fancy a change.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum