Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Living with a RACECHIP!

Living with a RACECHIP!

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:49 pm
Stu8 Senior Member

Kudos: 83
Jh72i wrote:
Hi, Stu8, you misunderstand - this was part of the race chip online purchase process. I'm nowhere near the installation stage :|

But thank you for these early tips - believe me I need them & also, believe me, I will proceed with extreme caution whenever the installation process starts.

Hey also thank you 2retro - I might have gotten a small discount :thumbup:

Sorry for the confusion I obviously miss read your part of the thread, I hope what I've said so far is helpful and when I get some time I'll post a couple of pics of my install , as I said the only little difficult part was getting to the sensor under the air box every thing else is very easy, so there is really nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

Post Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
Racechip finally arrived today (yes, took a seriously long time). Now my thoughts turn to installation - I would love to find an idiots guide for rcz but google so far hasn't thrown anything up. Anyone happen to have a link saved?
'11 white RCZ TPH 200 ...new adventure
'12 black Ford Grand C-Max ...for bunch of kids
'76 white sunroof 912E ...in storage back home
'69 black Karmann Ghia Coupe ...gave to my brother back home

Post Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm
Stu8 Senior Member

Kudos: 83
Jh72i wrote:
Racechip finally arrived today (yes, took a seriously long time). Now my thoughts turn to installation - I would love to find an idiots guide for rcz but google so far hasn't thrown anything up. Anyone happen to have a link saved?

What racechip did you buy? I have the rs chip installed in my 200 thp.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:29 am
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Can't believe all these months have passed. I still haven't gotten around to installation but now my summer holidays begin i hope to. Besides time i also had a few issues which kind of backed me off - eventually the high pressure fuel pump was replaced.

Anyway, I'm still looking for 'the absolute idiots' guide if anyone knows of one. Weird that i cannot find any on the internet.

Example of why i will struggle: i just read the installation guide that came with the chip and all seems reasonable connecting cables A and B but there is no mention of cable C. I have sent an email to RaceChip.

Mines a RS and the car is 200bhp.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:24 am
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 67
Have you Seen this?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7871
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Kudos: 0
I made the big mistake in buying one of those race chips for my RCZ it was fine for about 4 months and then the car used to keep going into limp mode in the end took it to her a car mapping place in Essex they checked it and found that it was being caused by the racechip they advised me to get rid of it or get the car remapped properly so I decided to get them to do it and I was blown away buy the car's performance it was like night and day from what it used to be like I highly recommend getting the car mapped properly and the actual product that I bought was actually made by racechip it's the one you're fit into your car plug-in and play they call them.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

ONLY AEK wrote:
Have you Seen this?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7871

Yes, i have thank you. I have some extra cables than are not shown there. But i think i can put it all together - stu8 spoke of green, red and blue and mine aren't marked with any colours but i think it might help me. Annoyingly, RaceChip haven't responded to my question.

davidace007 wrote:
I made the big mistake in buying one of those race chips....

This is one of the reasons i am hesitant - will i, won't i. I suppose there are always those cases which don't go well - i have read similar tales of woe from remaps. Maybe i should just be happy with the performance i'm getting but, i have to admit, i just feel this car had more to give.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 67
Remap is the Best solution

Dont be afraid Nothing Will Go wrong
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

RaceChip installed. Car goes like stink - don't know if it's some kind of placebo effect but..wow!!

Without the help of a racechip online support fellow in South Africa(!!) I would have had a much tougher time - big thanks to him & boo to the more local RaceChip folks who still haven't responded to my query.

I took pictures so, assuming they're ok, I will post instructions on here when I get a chance.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:23 am
French Letter User avatar

Kudos: 33
For my 207cc Sport THP150, I ordered the RaceChip. It arrived with instructions but the plugs were incompatible. :thumbdown: Even when in my email to them I stipulated which car it was for. The forkers sent a Mini install instruction.

Sent it back to them to get my $600 back. Cost to me of $45 to register priority hand deliver mail. They said they never received it! German post office confirmed that it was signed for at delivery. And communication was atrocious service. They were a**holes.

Luckily through PayPal, I got all my money back. So once bitten, well, never again. Anyhow, the thought of those RaceChip dudes making even higher polluting diesel power outputs when VW/Audi had fooled everyone.

btw: What is the price difference between RaceChip and etuners?

Anyhow no chip for my RCZ. Most likely puts out 220 bhp anyhow. :ugeek:

Cheers.
Last edited by French Letter on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RCZ MkII GT THP200 - The pert Aussie/French waitress.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:03 pm
s0crates User avatar

Regular
Regular

Installed a racechip RS on my thp 200 as well... I can't really feel any difference tbh, unless I made some mistake during installation. But I doubt that, since I would get an engine fault. If you guys could post pictures/instructions that would be great.

I tried the different presets 4,5 and 6. With 6, the car's radiator fan goes crazy as soon as I start the car, so I had to take it down to preset 4.

I don't know, the RS chip is supposed to give 30 bhp and 67Nm torque, and I just don't feel that at all.. What do you guys think?

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 am

I am aware that some punters 'experience', with these aftermarket chips, a difference; but you also need to add in the 'placebo' factor . . . After all spending 300 quid, you 'make' yourself feel a difference.

Check this out. It will scare, or surprise, or infuriate you. :helpme: Or even make you roll over with laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtImIP6j3A

The only good thing in that was the gorgeous Honda S2000.
and that it is an Aussie video. :beer:

Cheers.
Last edited by French Letter on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:22 am
s0crates User avatar

Regular
Regular

Huh, indeed don't know what to make of that.. Then again that's a Chinese $20 chip vs a customized German one.
Don't want to take the car to a dyno again (did it before buying the chip, and it gave 200bhp), so I guess I'll need to wait a bit and then make a decision to keep it or send it back.

Some folks in the comments of various videos say you need to run the car for about 200km before the chip starts performing. Is that even a valid claim?

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:48 am
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 301
It was entertaining, but a bit silly, I thought, to expect anything for that sort of money. :sleeping-yellow:
A similar test of the likes of the Race Chip product costing over ten times that, might have been useful. :thumbup:
problema o obra - pagar un hombre
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
"Bus" 7 seat 5008 1.6HDI 2014.
"Purple People Eater" 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
"Animal" Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2008.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 286
s0crates wrote:
Some folks in the comments of various videos say you need to run the car for about 200km before the chip starts performing. Is that even a valid claim?

Bollocks. If an engine is mapped correctly, you sense a difference from the moment you turn the engine on. It works differently. The sound changes, even at idle.
In your case with a claimed hike of about 30 ponies and some 70 Nm you should actually feel it when driving. 70 Nm on the plus side is a considerable add on to the acceleration punch. So when you feel nothing, then there is nothing. Or way less than claimed.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm
s0crates User avatar

Regular
Regular

Yea well like I said, don't want to run the car through dyno again just for this. I don't feel that extra 70Nm, so I think I'm going to ask for my 249 pounds back.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 57
s0crates wrote:
Yea well like I said, don't want to run the car through dyno again just for this. I don't feel that extra 70Nm, so I think I'm going to ask for my 249 pounds back.

Do dyno run for science :-) It would be interesting to know actual results with racechip installed.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 pm

I had to get a PayPal dispute process ignited to get my money back from those RaceChip bustards. They were absolute shockers.

Get your money back quick and forget about this stuff. I did.

When you think of the $millions car manufacturers invest in their software systems, then along comes RaceChip to extract money from a trusting punter, for minuscule difference, (if any from some reports), it reeks of manipulation. These German RaceChips even produced more crud from stock 'adulterated' diesel engines from VW/Audi. How much was VW fined for its dodgy chip deception? $Billions, and rightly so.

Personally, I now stay away from this stuff. I'm content with the power from my THP200, and keep the engine well tuned. Like 98RON, new spark plugs every 20,000 kilometers, even a free flow air filter (K&N) can make you feel like you've got a three hundred quid RaceChip under the bonnet, or is that my placebo effect? I knew a dude once, who had a Veyron and still was looking around for an after-market chip to make it more faster . . . :wtf:

For three hundred quid, take yourself to Spain and lie in the sun. Or better still, hoof it to Amsterdam and chill all day long in the 'coffee shops'.
Last edited by French Letter on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:05 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 565
I've got the 30bhp 'S' one in mine and it definitely makes a difference so yes, it does work.

It's only an extra 30 brake though so it's not going to suddenly give Veyron-like acceleration but I've tested it on the different settings and there is definitely a marked difference between stock tune (setting 0) and the others (think mine is set on 3 or 4 but would have to check) + with Super Unleaded fuel as well it feels like around 200ish bhp now. :dance:

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

I think it is a 'boy racer' product, which RaceChip are making money from.

Then why does not Peugeot offer one?

Answer: Warrenty Returns, limp mode, no difference in power, fans operating continuously, engine check codes. Or if you are lucky you might find one that 'might' work, like you have. The jury is out for me.

Nah, not for me folks.
Last edited by French Letter on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum