Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Living with a RACECHIP!

Living with a RACECHIP!

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:49 pm
Stu8 Senior Member

Kudos: 82
Jh72i wrote:
Hi, Stu8, you misunderstand - this was part of the race chip online purchase process. I'm nowhere near the installation stage :|

But thank you for these early tips - believe me I need them & also, believe me, I will proceed with extreme caution whenever the installation process starts.

Hey also thank you 2retro - I might have gotten a small discount :thumbup:

Sorry for the confusion I obviously miss read your part of the thread, I hope what I've said so far is helpful and when I get some time I'll post a couple of pics of my install , as I said the only little difficult part was getting to the sensor under the air box every thing else is very easy, so there is really nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

Post Thu May 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
Racechip finally arrived today (yes, took a seriously long time). Now my thoughts turn to installation - I would love to find an idiots guide for rcz but google so far hasn't thrown anything up. Anyone happen to have a link saved?
'11 white RCZ TPH 200 ...new adventure
'12 black Ford Grand C-Max ...for bunch of kids
'76 white sunroof 912E ...in storage back home
'69 black Karmann Ghia Coupe ...gave to my brother back home

Post Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm
Stu8 Senior Member

Kudos: 82
Jh72i wrote:
Racechip finally arrived today (yes, took a seriously long time). Now my thoughts turn to installation - I would love to find an idiots guide for rcz but google so far hasn't thrown anything up. Anyone happen to have a link saved?

What racechip did you buy? I have the rs chip installed in my 200 thp.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 am
Jh72i Regular
Regular

Can't believe all these months have passed. I still haven't gotten around to installation but now my summer holidays begin i hope to. Besides time i also had a few issues which kind of backed me off - eventually the high pressure fuel pump was replaced.

Anyway, I'm still looking for 'the absolute idiots' guide if anyone knows of one. Weird that i cannot find any on the internet.

Example of why i will struggle: i just read the installation guide that came with the chip and all seems reasonable connecting cables A and B but there is no mention of cable C. I have sent an email to RaceChip.

Mines a RS and the car is 200bhp.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 59
Have you Seen this?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7871
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:46 pm
davidace007 Newbie

Kudos: 0
I made the big mistake in buying one of those race chips for my RCZ it was fine for about 4 months and then the car used to keep going into limp mode in the end took it to her a car mapping place in Essex they checked it and found that it was being caused by the racechip they advised me to get rid of it or get the car remapped properly so I decided to get them to do it and I was blown away buy the car's performance it was like night and day from what it used to be like I highly recommend getting the car mapped properly and the actual product that I bought was actually made by racechip it's the one you're fit into your car plug-in and play they call them.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:52 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

ONLY AEK wrote:
Have you Seen this?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7871

Yes, i have thank you. I have some extra cables than are not shown there. But i think i can put it all together - stu8 spoke of green, red and blue and mine aren't marked with any colours but i think it might help me. Annoyingly, RaceChip haven't responded to my question.

davidace007 wrote:
I made the big mistake in buying one of those race chips....

This is one of the reasons i am hesitant - will i, won't i. I suppose there are always those cases which don't go well - i have read similar tales of woe from remaps. Maybe i should just be happy with the performance i'm getting but, i have to admit, i just feel this car had more to give.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:54 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 59
Remap is the Best solution

Dont be afraid Nothing Will Go wrong
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Jh72i Regular
Regular

RaceChip installed. Car goes like stink - don't know if it's some kind of placebo effect but..wow!!

Without the help of a racechip online support fellow in South Africa(!!) I would have had a much tougher time - big thanks to him & boo to the more local RaceChip folks who still haven't responded to my query.

I took pictures so, assuming they're ok, I will post instructions on here when I get a chance.

Previous

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum