Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Wheel refurbishment... before and after photos

Wheel refurbishment... before and after photos

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
rzc-wheel-old-s.jpg
Before
rzc-wheel-old-s.jpg (117.84 KiB) Viewed 643 times
rcz-wheel-old-rim-s.jpg
Close up
rcz-wheel-old-rim-s.jpg (61.55 KiB) Viewed 643 times
rcz-wheel-referb-s.jpg
After
rcz-wheel-referb-s.jpg (63.29 KiB) Viewed 643 times
A couple of Pics from my recent wheel refurbishments.
Red Carbon 200

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1116
I have more or less an identical car to you, and sadly at least a couple of my wheels resemble your before pictures. Can I ask how much you paid to get them sorted, and how long did they have the wheels for?

I would also ask where you had them done, but as you are probably no where near where I live it’s probably pointless :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
DKZ5745 wrote:
I have more or less an identical car to you, and sadly at least a couple of my wheels resemble your before pictures. Can I ask how much you paid to get them sorted, and how long did they have the wheels for?

I would also ask where you had them done, but as you are probably no where near where I live it’s probably pointless :eusa-think:

Hi

To have the wheels refurbished to the ‘original diamond’ cut standard was £90 each or £60 each if you want them to be painted black all-over. Painting them black all-over would last longer as they will have been powder coated twice (black and then clear lacquer).

When diamond cut wheels are refurbished, they are firstly painted one single colour, I.e. black, then placed on a lath and stripped back to the bare alloy (where required), then lacquered, so the ‘alloy colour’ part of the wheel only receives one protective coat (clear lacquer) this is why diamond cut wheels suffer a lot from blistering/bubbling etc.

Diamond cut wheels can only be refurbed a maximum of twice; there-after they can only be painted one single colour.

I also had the Callipers painted Moroccan red - £25ea, and the hubs painted black - £10ea.

Hope this helps.
Red Carbon 200

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 570
They look well good Guppy... :thumbup: :thumbup:

And it shows that they can be done. I think that is a reasonable price to pay for them to be brought back to factory finish. Also, some good info there about refurbishing diamond cut wheels so another thumbs up :thumbup: .

Look forward to seeing some full car shots inside and out, but good work upto now !!

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 198
I had the diamond cut style 12s done on my 508 GT. They looked great afterwards.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust, Vision pack, jbl and Nav.

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum