Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Dark side repeater swap

Dark side repeater swap

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:27 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
Hi fellow RCZers, just changed my clear side repeaters for some aftermarket dark ones,not a massive upgrade but those little details make all the difference!

A little advice to anyone thinking of doing the same mod. The original repeaters have really strong clips and are quite a pain to get out they are a complete unit with the bulb in place. The securing clips are centrally placed top and bottom so you need to place your removal tool central to the unit I unclipped the bottom first then the top, you have to put some real pressure on to prise the unit free a lot more than you would expect so best to use some plastic type removal tools some with fine ends cheaply found on eBay I wouldn't use a screwdriver you would probably mark the mirror stalk.
What I was surprised at was the mirror stalk brackets are made of alloy and mine looked well corroded so gave them a good coating of spray grease through the repeater aperture before fitting the new unit.
Hope this helps.

IMG_5754.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG (230.25 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5755.JPG (193.71 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG_5760.JPG
IMG_5760.JPG (211.65 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG_5758.JPG
IMG_5758.JPG (213.83 KiB) Viewed 436 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum