Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum RCZ 2,0 THP - Chip

RCZ 2,0 THP - Chip

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 pm
motoluka Newbie

Kudos: 0
Colleagues, I have a company that makes a chip with 200 hp - 240 hp. I wonder what else to modify in the first generation RCZ to low cost to get closer to the RCZ R and whether such modifications to the differential make sense?

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 pm
marinipersonal Senior Member

Kudos: 13
THP engines are prone to carbon build up. I would be careful with the turbo, and not putting much stress over the engine. First calls would be a panel filter less restrictive, maybe a upgrade to the intercooler. And obviously, Premium juice. I always use Shell V-Power. Oil changes recommended every 5k miles. Sure others are more familiar and will give you better advices.

Post Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:34 pm
Spike77 Newbie

Kudos: 1
hi I am interested in purchasing a bolt on chip for a 200 hp , please advise

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:12 am
rcz sept 2016 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Any news on what chip to purchase.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 222
I think most go for the remap option.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:29 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 882
I believe as far as engine safety goes, any tinkering is putting extra stress into what is an already highly tuned engine ( it’s a 1.6 for goodness sake, churning out 200bhp) yes I know they then went on to make a 270 hp version, but they also threw in a lot of other bits to make that work, so sticking a chip on it is not exactly recommended.

The remap option is better, as it allows the ECU to monitor the modified settings, and although still putting extra stress on the engine, it is a little safer than a chip.

Best option, leave well alone on what is a remarkedly rapid car, or, save up & buy an R. :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:28 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 96
I'd leave a 200 alone. I'm more than happy with how quick mine is.
Besides, there's only so much faster you can go around corners than everyone else [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum