Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum trying to reach 250 hp on a 2.0 HDi RCZ

trying to reach 250 hp on a 2.0 HDi RCZ

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 pm
rczHDiproject Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hello All!

I have a 2liter HDi RCZ in Hungary, and I want to tune it for at least 250 hp.
We already did an ecu remap to 180hp, but the turbocharger and the ECU of the car did not liked the remap so I removed it.

It is believed that the stock fuel pump is good for 200hp, but not more, so I would need a new, bigger fuel pump. Which one would fit the car?
Also, I would need a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler as well. Could you recommend some?
Would I need new CR Nozzles or not?
If some of you did a 250hp build from the HDi, please let me know!
Many thanks!

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 705
Hi and welcome, I haven’t heard of anyone taking a HDI to 250bhp there are a few petrol cars doing that and more.
Good luck with it keep us informed of how your getting on :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 90
https://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2010/03/31/dieselen-met-de-peugeot-rcz-24h-nurburgring-editie

They squeezed nearly 200hp out of the RCZ HDi that they ran at the Nurburgring 24h races a couple of years ago.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

rczHDiproject Newbie

Yes I knew that. removing the FAP, a big cooler and a good ECU remap and you are already at 200hp
Anyways I did spoke with some PSA Tuners and they say I need a big intercooler, a custom ECU remap with a hybrid turbo and the FAP removed to get around 230hp and 450nm of torque.
I do afraid from Hybrid turbochargers since they are not too reliable.

frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 90
I read that reputable brands (BorgWarner, Garrett and Valeo) have hybrid solutions.
I think the turbo on the HDi is from Garrett so maybe their solution gives you the best reliability?
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

666 Regular
Regular

What was wrong with remap, I have 192 HP on my HDI, engine runs fine, if you remove fap filter you gain another 7-10 HP
There are some HDI 2.0 tuned to more HP with intercooler and nozzles changed, but I dont know if they last
Stage 1 is way to go, I dont know if pistons, camshaft, clutch etc can handle 250 HP

Harryrcz Newbie

Hello i have rcz 2.0 and i make it stage 3 at 207hp and 425nm of torque.I also remove the dpf and i get 8% so i run to 224hp.i remove the factory air filter and i replace it with a full induction kit of k&n and i get a new intercooler kit and i replace all the plastic hoses with aluminium hoses and i took my car to dyno and outputs 260hp and 460nm.finally i buy a throttle position sensor and i am very happy with the accelaretion and the torque

ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 74
so you took 36hp by replacing the plastic pipes with alouminium, the air filter and the intercooler?
can you please tune my car too?
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Harryrcz Newbie

If you want i will make your car too

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum