Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Noise increase

Noise increase

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 am
JCK Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi everyone :)

I'm looking to get a bit more noise out of my RCZ (1.6 200bhp).
I was looking at firstly swapping over the air filter / induction kit path and was seeing if anyone had any recommendations and or tutorials?

I'm pretty new when it comes to changing anything on a car but i'm trying to learn as i go along, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:beer:

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:20 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 610
Hi and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: The only way to make any real difference to the sound output is to change the exhaust either aftermarket back section or custom cat back system. Can’t comment on the induction kit route but a panel filter won’t give any real noticeable difference in sound. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:31 pm
JCK Newbie

neilgsxr69 wrote:
Hi and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: The only way to make any real difference to the sound output is to change the exhaust either aftermarket back section or custom cat back system. Can’t comment on the induction kit route but a panel filter won’t give any real noticeable difference in sound. :thumbup:

thanks for the reply! will have a look around and see what there is.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1173
To get the biggest difference in sound, you need a straight through pipe, no cat, but as that’s an MOT fail, you would have to be prepared to fit one each year for the test. People have removable sections where they can re fit the cat.

This is also part of the best route for increased performance.

If you incorporate quad tips, it’s also the best way of improving the already amazing looks of the Z. :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 pm
JCK Newbie

i’ve got another question i was looking to bring up, has anyone had experience removing the number plate bulb holder? as in the whole plastic covering? i popped to halfords for a new bulb and they ended up breaking the holder itself so i’ve had to buy a replacement set but i’m dammed trying to get the old ones off! tried prying it open but not having the best luck without looking like it’s going to scratch the paint.

Post Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 301
This is what the handbook says -
Attachments
changingNoPlateBulb.jpg
changingNoPlateBulb.jpg (27.92 KiB) Viewed 381 times
problema o obra - pagar un hombre
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
"Bus" 7 seat 5008 1.6HDI 2014.
"Purple People Eater" 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
"Animal" Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2008.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:13 pm
JCK Newbie

stewartwillsher wrote:
This is what the handbook says -

it’s actually for the plastic surrounding the bulb holder, it’s that whole part i need to replace

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum