Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum R back box (muffler) delete, or custom exhaust

R back box (muffler) delete, or custom exhaust

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

ChrisS Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
Hi

Has anyone with an R version done a back box muffler delete, or installed a after market exhaust for more noise - snap crackle and pop...

I can see you can get supersprint for the standard rcz but nothing for the R as far as I can see.

Cheers.

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 648
Don't think that there is much available for the R.
I'm going to have my zorst modified by a professional, he put a full S/S quad system on Neilgsxr69 's car and the sound is mint. I don't want the system changing just a bit more noise. I suggest sourcing services local to you, good luck and post your result. Cheers M.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 106
ChrisS wrote:
Hi

Has anyone with an R version done a back box muffler delete, or installed a after market exhaust for more noise - snap crackle and pop...

I can see you can get supersprint for the standard rcz but nothing for the R as far as I can see.

Cheers.

Snap crackle and pop is for boy racers! What you need is 'ROAR' see here: https://youtu.be/RD-lhnsAasE
Red Carbon 200

ChrisS Regular
Regular

Guppy wrote:
ChrisS wrote:
Hi

Cheers.

Snap crackle and pop is for boy racers! What you need is 'ROAR' see here: https://youtu.be/RD-lhnsAasE

Yeah - my BB delete on my previous car (z4) gave both - though the one in that clip is a nicer growl - I wonder what it cost. I only really want a cheap solution, not an expensive racing exhaust - well, see if I win anything on the lottery first! :-p

ChrisS Regular
Regular

Plecodoras wrote:
Don't think that there is much available for the R.
I'm going to have my zorst modified by a professional, he put a full S/S quad system on Neilgsxr69 's car and the sound is mint. I don't want the system changing just a bit more noise. I suggest sourcing services local to you, good luck and post your result. Cheers M.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I found supersprint do these https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/peugeot-rcz/supersprint-performance-sport-exhaust-for-peugeot-rcz-r/rear-exhaust-racingbravailable-soon.aspx#!/ but £400 plus fitting, I wanted something cheaper.

As mentioned elsewhere my previous car (z4) had a BB delete - literally muffler cut off and replaced with straight pipes. £150 all in. I might look at that but wanted to see if anyone else (with an R) had done the same to gauge the noise. My z4 was LOUD inside... (as well as outside) and I think the R's standard exhaust is vaguely 'tuned' for a bit of noise - just not that much... :thumbup:

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 562
Cheapest solution is going to be a resonator delete it’s going to give you a lot more growl!
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Plecodoras User avatar

Well I might sound ( see what I did there - DOH ) as if I know what I'm on about but you've lost me with....

BB delete - back box delete and now Neils - resonator delete !! ?? pardon? excusing moi ?

:eusa-think:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Now on second white* R

RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 272
That one is just sick. Have a look/hear :lol:

https://youtu.be/TryT0cqT5Y0

I haven't done anything to my R's poop pipes cause I use the car on a daily basis. But the whole exhaust system got a bit louder over the time and pops a bit when hot.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 265
Plecodoras wrote:
Well I might sound ( see what I did there - DOH ) as if I know what I'm on about but you've lost me with....

BB delete - back box delete and now Neils - resonator delete !! ?? pardon? excusing moi ?

Join the ignorant old gits club! :oops:
:beer:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
"Bus" 7 seat 5008 1.6HDI 2014.
"Purple People Eater" 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
"Animal" Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2008.

ChrisS Regular
Regular

Plecodoras wrote:

Ha ha! Yeah, I wanna straight pipe the back box - but that sounds rude doesn't it!

ChrisS Regular
Regular

neilgsxr69 wrote:
Cheapest solution is going to be a resonator delete it’s going to give you a lot more growl!

That is what I'm thinking... just wanted to hear from another R owner (or any RCZ owner for that matter) as to how loud inside the car it is. :thumbup:

ChrisS Regular
Regular

RCZ-R wrote:
That one is just sick. Have a look/hear :lol:

https://youtu.be/TryT0cqT5Y0

I haven't done anything to my R's poop pipes cause I use the car on a daily basis. But the whole exhaust system got a bit louder over the time and pops a bit when hot.

Yeah now that is NIIIICCCCCEEEEEEE - imagine its a full racing exhaust though - had a look at Supersprint (for e.g.) and they're thousands of £! I'm looking for cheap. But that does sound AMAZING! Neighbours would HATE IT!

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 562
Plecodoras wrote:

CAT - RESONATOR - BACKBOX - TIPS. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Plecodoras User avatar

neilgsxr69 wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:

Now you're at it again! Next you'll be saying stuff like... Like manifold and and down pipe, where will it all end ? I think I need some tips !! cheers

Now on second white* R

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 207
I put a cheap Ulter sport exhaust on mine, it sounded alright.

Unfortunately my current car doesn't qualify for cheap as it is subject to scene tax.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven. It done gone sideways.

stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 265
neilgsxr69 wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:

Mornington Crescent!!! :dance:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
"Bus" 7 seat 5008 1.6HDI 2014.
"Purple People Eater" 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
"Animal" Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2008.

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum