Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum Diffuser fins.

Diffuser fins.

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 am
Hideyspidey Newbie

Kudos: 0
Bought these and they just wont fit so gonna have to drill them. TRied gorilla glue and just drop straight off. What am i doing wrong?

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am
RCZIain Senior Member

Kudos: 67
Did you thoroughly de grease both parts before trying to attach them?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 387
Also, the glue goes off quite quickly (3 to 5 mins max) so you need to mix it up, apply it to your fin and then get it in place fast.

Then you will need some way to hold it in place until it sets. You can use tape but I found 2 old lengths of foam pipe insulation that were about the right size and stiffness. I wedged the foam between the fin and ground to hold it in place and left it there overnight.

I've done maybe a thousand or more miles since and they haven't fell off so it does work - just need to stick it on fast and hold it steady for several hours while it bonds. The longer you leave it the stronger it will be.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Kudos: 45
Hideyspidey wrote:
Bought these and they just wont fit so gonna have to drill them. TRied gorilla glue and just drop straight off. What am i doing wrong?

Ah, well ... is that for sticking two or more gorillas together or mending a gorilla? :?
Never seen it here, but then we don't see many gorillas. :oops:
looking to buy an RCZ in the near future

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
DKZ5745 wrote:
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.

If I had a set I could 3d model them up so people could 3d print their own. It wouldn't be hard and would be very cheap to make.

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:04 pm

DRTDVL wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:
They do look great & I agree, when you look at some of the diffusers fitted to "standard" cars, they look well sporty compared to the factory RCZ fitting.

If they were a bit cheaper I would love to have them on mine, but then I think they do need quads to finish the look.

If I had a set I could 3d model them up so people could 3d print their own. It wouldn't be hard and would be very cheap to make.

The GBS Zero diffuser is over five hundred quid :shock: , cheaper if fit yourself; although mine was a factory build :oops: .
Attachments
diffuser.jpg
diffuser.jpg (35.71 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 pm
Gordonmd Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Hi All, what do diffusers do or are they just for looks?

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Gordonmd wrote:
Hi All, what do diffusers do or are they just for looks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffuser_(automotive)/

I guess for normal road use the reduction in drag might improve fuel consumption. :thumbup:
Other than that - they look good! :clap:
Last edited by stewartwillsher on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Gordonmd Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Ok thanks. Another article said they only work if the car underbody is flat.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/th ... -diffusers

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
The defuse in our cars is really just for looks. There isn't any real be if it to having it that would be noticeable really.

The car and driver article missed one other function of the diffuser on road cars is to meet the turbulent air coming off the roof and push the vortex further away from the body of the car so it doesn't attach and create lift.

Previous

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum