Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Lumpy tick over

Lumpy tick over

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:04 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Kudos: 2
Hi. Thanks for letting me join this forum.

I've recently purchased a 2012 1.6 rcz sport. I love her. BUT I've a problem with tick over, it doesn't happen all the time but around 5mins after driving and sat in traffic the car really runs lumpy. It feels though it will cut out but hasn't done so yet.

I took her back to Evans Halshaw who found no computer error and said it was a trait of this car. Surely no car can run this bad. is this true or am I being fobbed off?

Thanks

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 pm
highlander64 User avatar

Kudos: 6
Hi and Welcome
I also have the same RCZ and the same issue, once warmed up its fine but when cold if stuck in traffic i have to keep the revs on to stop it cutting out, feels lie its only on 3 cylinders very lumpy
it did cut out once and came up with coil pack fault codes so i have changed them but still does it, i am going to change the spark plugs this weekend to see if that makes a difference, my car is out of warranty
will let you know how i get on

Vince

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:47 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Thank you for your reply. I'm finding that even when warm it happens, weve just been for a quick ride around town with no problem at all!!??

I've only had her 2 weeks and it's spoiling the fun already. It's just had a full service and Mot but no problem reported.

I've got 3 month warranty but I might get the extended one just in case.

Thanks

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:51 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
If Vince hadn't written that last post I would have said it sounded an awful lot like a coil pack(s).

Maybe worth waiting to see the results of the plug change. :eusa-think:

I would definitely go down the extending the warranty route. There are a few issues that seem to occur to certain cars, and they can prove quite expensive, so just in case your car turns out to be one of them, it's worth while covering your back (& your wallet).
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:54 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
Btw, I hope it's not Evans Halshaw Wakefield, that's where mine goes, and I am, let's say, less than impressed :thumbdown:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Evans in Mansfield. I'm not impressed at all with them. Nearly didn't buy due to false promises but I fell in love with the car and had to hAve it. Also another reason why I wouldn't buy their mega ££'s warranty!

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm
highlander64 User avatar

I would have done the spark plugs at same time as the coil packs but didn't realize they were a funny star shape spark plug which i have not got a plug spanner to fit (why on earth change a plug fitting from the standard :eusa-think: )
oh and i did not pay the 45 pound each for a peugeot coil pk but £22 for Bosch ones from eurocarparts

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Good luck Vincent. Let me know how the spark plug venture goes ☺

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:26 pm
highlander64 User avatar

Certainly will mme0101, oh by the way its Vince, the only person who calls me Vincent is my mom :lol:
oh and had my cam chain issues done at Evans halshaw in Stourbridge ( will not be using a Peugeot Dealer again)

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:21 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Sorry Vince, that's spell check for you ;)

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:29 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 560
Hi, I've got the same problem only does it now and then very rarely when warm but it has done it when warm and only on tick over, a slight dab on the accelerator clears it but I did once leave it to stall and the warning engine repair needed came up on dash the fan was running at full speed with the engine off too. Once the fan stopped I started the car again warning still on but car run fine after about a week the warning disappeared and I've run it for over a year now with no major problems I have changed the plugs for the upgraded ones but the car still threatens to stall now and again when ticking over, because it only happens now and again I just live with it. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:33 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 560
DKZ5745 wrote:
Btw, I hope it's not Evans Halshaw Wakefield, that's where mine goes, and I am, let's say, less than impressed :thumbdown:

Hi bought the wife a fiat 500 from Evens Halshaw Wakefield, not a nice experience at all, I wouldn't let em service a kiddies scooter!!! :thumbdown:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:57 pm
Mark2905 Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi Check error code P0087 Fuel rail sensor. Does car feel juddery and if it may cut out. Then engine light come on . Switch off leave for a while then seems to clear fen hide light fault . GET them to check fuel pump etc possible starvation of fuel mine has done this three time and is going back into Evans . My diaognosis come from AA I just called them out to look at he plugged in and explain the fault with me prompting him . So I'm confident he is correct Good Luck

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:42 am
jonsimps Regular
Regular

Hi
2012 156GT ,28,000 miles exactly the same problem.
Luckily I have the Peugeot Platinum Warranty, the dealer has diagnosed carbon build up on the inlet valves,which apparantly is a known problem.
Car back in in January for further work, and talk of a chemical de coke? Will let you know outcome in due course.
Dealer talks of running it on V Power or equivelant(other brands are available!) with advice from the factory to use a
different grade of oil.
BTW i have nothing but praise for my Peugeot dealer, I think small enough to care but large enough to cope sums them up.

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:03 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
jonsimps wrote:
Hi
2012 156GT ,28,000 miles exactly the same problem.
Luckily I have the Peugeot Platinum Warranty, the dealer has diagnosed carbon build up on the inlet valves,which apparantly is a known problem.
Car back in in January for further work, and talk of a chemical de coke? Will let you know outcome in due course.
Dealer talks of running it on V Power or equivelant(other brands are available!) with advice from the factory to use a
different grade of oil.
BTW i have nothing but praise for my Peugeot dealer, I think small enough to care but large enough to cope sums them up.

lets have the name of this dealer so we can all decide for ourselves... :eusa-whistle:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:24 pm
mjcuk2000 Senior Member

Kudos: 26
I have had similar issues and would be interested to hear how you get on.
I've always suspected it to be a fuel pump issue as the car once stalled and showed an error code relating to fuel pressure. I once got the dealer to look at it and they said it was due to carbon build up and that I should try giving the engine more revs from time to time. I know the THP engine suffers from carbon build up but I'm not convinced this is the cause of my problem as it started happening at fairly early age/mileage.
Other than one stall it's never caused a problem for me but I might push the dealer a bit harder to fix it since the warranty is due to run out soon and I'll be looking to sell it.

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:02 pm
mme0101 Newbie

Update to initial thread for lumpy tick over

Ok, here's where I am now after owing the rcz for a whole 7weeks!

Sparks plugs replaced
Turbo water pump replaced
Coil packs tested and ok
Vale found to be sticking so all have been cleaned and put back

Ok, so after Peugeot have had the car for 10 days to clean the valves I pick up my car..... Yep, after a mile or so and sat in traffic we get the same judder as before! Fuel economy around 28-30 mpg for a 6 mile trip average speed 30mph I don't know if this is a bit thirsty? I'm not heavy footed but I don't drive like a wuss either lol

I just don't know what to do! I'm gutted. It's a good job all this was done under he 3 month standard warranty from Peugeot.

I'd appreciate serious opinions on this matter... Return/replace or refund?

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:08 am
jonsimps Regular
Regular

OK Update .Car now back from dealer, inlet manifold removed and a chemical de coke!.Don't know or want to know except to say that it now feels like it now has another 30 bhp, and 50 miles on no problem when warming up and pulls
like it never has before.Sticking with V Power petrol, as recommended by dealer.Almost feels like a different car.
By the way have extended the Peugeot warranty for another 12 months, so far it has been worth its weight.
As an aside i complained about tramlining and "bump steer" - seems a combination of Michelin Pilot Sports on the front and Continentals on the back is not good.Swapped fronts for rears, problem gone away.
The 108 loan car is an absolute hoot, if you are offered one don't grumble, take an drive it for what it is(it's not an RCZ), Took me about 5 mins to pair my phone and get the I pod playing, without reading the manual, so intuitive it is brilliant(this is not about sound quality etc)

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:20 pm
howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 66
Glad its been sorted out for you..........time to enjoy it now!
If you don't mind me asking....how much was the extended ,12 month warranty?
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:13 am
jonsimps Regular
Regular

Cost is £284, excluding recovery( i have that via the AA for other reasons)

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help