Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 pm
RCZ White Senior Member

Kudos: 10
Did my Mystery a couple of weeks back and have a nice cheque to pay in the bank. I think it's an excellent idea. It's obvious to all what really happens and is not biased by the customer. I'm not sure if they Sussed it later when the Service Manager said '' I don't want any of my customers to feel let down by such a small issue I will see if I have one in stock and have it fitted''. The fact was it was booked in for a service and a repair which had been agreed in the winter. On my booking I stated this and asked them to get the part in. This was recorded and as none was ordered its a fail I suppose. I now have to have it fitted and that will take more of my time.
Ordered RCZ 163 Diesel GT Opal White Solstice Black Onyx 19 Wheels.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:45 pm
dibster User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
dibster wrote:
My RCZ is due a service before the end of this month, not booked in as yet, but I think I will have fun when I do due to the fact I am still waiting for them to get me a service book.
They had "lost" it when I bought the car and have promised to get me a new one, still waiting, I gave up asking them a long time ago to sort it out so should be fun when its booked in.

So 3 weeks after having my RCZ serviced I am still waiting my Service Book to turn up, so that's now 2 years down the line and 1 service under its belt and still nothing to show I've had it done. I'd hate to think if I decided to exchange my car for something else what whey would knock off for not having any service books etc :thumbdown:
RCZ 1.6THP GT 200 Petrol
Nera Black metallic
19" Sortilege alloy's in Onyx Black with black calipers
'Piano' black front grille
Xenon vision pack
JBL Hi-Fi system

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 pm
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
dibster, that's totally unnaceptable and I think you've been far too tolerant. Get onto Peugeot UK and complain. As you say the lack of a service book will cost you dearly at trade in time.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

dibster wrote:
dibster wrote:
My RCZ is due a service before the end of this month, not booked in as yet, but I think I will have fun when I do due to the fact I am still waiting for them to get me a service book.
They had "lost" it when I bought the car and have promised to get me a new one, still waiting, I gave up asking them a long time ago to sort it out so should be fun when its booked in.

So 3 weeks after having my RCZ serviced I am still waiting my Service Book to turn up, so that's now 2 years down the line and 1 service under its belt and still nothing to show I've had it done. I'd hate to think if I decided to exchange my car for something else what whey would knock off for not having any service books etc :thumbdown:

This really is very poor service on the part of your dealership. I would be writing to the GM and sending a copy to the Peugeot customer service headquarters in Coventry. The latter would certainly be interested to learn of this I'm sure!!

Not that this offers any consolation but, in recent trade ins of both my own and my wife's car, they never even asked nor looked for service books/service history. In fact on trading in my wife's most recent car, they never even opened the doors of it to offer us a price for it!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 pm
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
mrizzle wrote:
Not that this offers any consolation but, in recent trade ins of both my own and my wife's car, they never even asked nor looked for service books/service history. In fact on trading in my wife's most recent car, they never even opened the doors of it to offer us a price for it!!

I am amazed - in my experience dealers are normally very keen on checking a car's service history before offering a price!
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
hanswuk wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

I am amazed - in my experience dealers are normally very keen on checking a car's service history before offering a price!

Well not in my experience either. Barely even look at the car. I wonder if condition makes any difference at all. They look at their book and quote a price. I have never known them to look at the service history yet.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:25 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
They looked at my service history and looked the car over too, inside and out.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:17 pm
OO58RON User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
They looked at my service history and looked the car over too, inside and out.

That was admiration and curiosity not essential to what price they was going to offer to you
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

These most recent experiences were at two separate dealerships. My own car had winter tyres on it that were actually the wrong size for the car, that wasn't noticed either which would have meant that they would have to replace ALL four tyres to sell it on. An expensive oversight. In fact, I didn't even have the manual, nor any paperwork relating to its service history etc when they offered the price they did and they never even asked about any of it. I was offered top whack for the car and they never even turned the engine over. They had no way of knowing what was potentially wrong with it. In this case nothing because I look after my cars but surely that's a BIG gamble. I was astonished but bit their hand off for what they offered me for it...and then I battered them for serious money off the RCZ as it was coming up to the end of their financial year.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
Well I've just booked my car in for it's 1st 2 year service and I'm completely confused.
The dealer quoted £300 for oil & filter plus brake fluid, so I looked online at the official Peugeot web site, and that quotes £195 for the same service with ALL parts included.
So I rang up Peugeot to double check and was told to "it depends on mileage", if all parts are needed. So I pointed out that if I was paying for parts I would like them fitted no matter what the mileage, I was told "just mention this when you take the car in" :crazy:

Peugeot's online booking even said the quote was for part synthetic oil, which I thought was the wrong oil for the RCZ ?

I then rang up another localish dealer and was quoted £165 for same service , but parts extra. and girl on the phone said " oh nice car, we haven't done many of those", :shock: Umm, ok I'll ring you back on that one then :?
So at the moment I don't know where to take it .
Peugeot need to sort out their online pricing and booking, and some of their dealers. :evil:

So to sum up, I could be paying £300, £195, £165 and have the wrong oil. :lol:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm
OO58RON User avatar

I have said it before I know, but I do not understand this either. My simple mind says that Peugeot would say to it's dealers. The first service on a RCZ you will check Bla bla bla and replace Bla bla bla. So a standardised service is completed wherever in the country the service is done. I accept a variance in prices due to the various businesses being independently operated and so have different labour costs, overheads and desired margins.

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm
jactac User avatar

A simple service is made so difficult by greed :thumbdown:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
It's not just Peugeot. Most dealerships, for any manufacturer, all have different charges for servicing. That's why you should never settle for the first price you are given. Like anything, shop around.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 pm
OO58RON User avatar

The point that I'm trying to make is that a 2 year/20,000 service should be a standard service whichever Peugeot Dealer you use. Ok price may vary a little, but the parts used and checks made should be the same

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm
jactac User avatar

Ron has a valid point.
The 1st service is a basic oil & filter, pollen filter and brake fluid, so it's just like going to Tesco and buying bread,milk,eggs, the cost should be the same no matter which outlet you use. .

When the service gets more in depth then the costs could vary.

Personally I think dealers use the confusion to their advantage, :thumbdown:

Out of curiosity I asked the two dealers about software updates, one said 2 hours labour charge, and the other one said all included, it's a joke. :eusa-think:

Be nice know what Miriam Betts thinks about the confusing difference in servicing charges, even though the same Peugeot recommended parts are used in this 1st service, or NOT if part synthetic oil is used, as the official Peugeot web site offers. :roll:

One concern now is, if you find a lower price, are they using a lower grade oil :?
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm
jactac User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
It's not just Peugeot. Most dealerships, for any manufacturer, all have different charges for servicing. That's why you should never settle for the first price you are given. Like anything, shop around.

Yea K you probably have a point, I found similar issues when serving the Vauxhall. However we have found that when getting quotes for the son's BMW, and they do charge for every single item, they do make all their servicing very transparent.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Using a non recommended oil, should not be an option by the manufacturer's own dealer network :thumbdown:

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am
dibster User avatar

Regular
Regular

hanswuk wrote:
dibster, that's totally unnaceptable and I think you've been far too tolerant. Get onto Peugeot UK and complain. As you say the lack of a service book will cost you dearly at trade in time.

I know, I think I'm just too laid back for my own good. :sleeping-yellow: I rang the dealer and they said they will have it by next week :lol:
RCZ 1.6THP GT 200 Petrol
Nera Black metallic
Xenon vision pack
JBL Hi-Fi system

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 am
dibster User avatar

Regular
Regular

mrizzle wrote:
dibster wrote:
dibster wrote:

This really is very poor service on the part of your dealership. I would be writing to the GM and sending a copy to the Peugeot customer service headquarters in Coventry. The latter would certainly be interested to learn of this I'm sure!!

I've always found that in all the years I've been buying/selling cars they just ask for the book pack, they don't actually check any of it. :thumbdown: Most of the dealers I believe don't care whether or not you have cherished the car or not or what you have with it, they just look at their pricing books for a figure.

The car I traded in for my RCZ went up for sale a few days later with nearly £3k mark up so the next person to buy it could barter them down and feel they got a good deal :thumbdown:
RCZ 1.6THP GT 200 Petrol
Nera Black metallic
Xenon vision pack
JBL Hi-Fi system

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am
Wiggers Member

Kudos: 1
Im loving my Peugeot RCZ, but after nearly 2 years ownership not so much the dealer support.

Firstly, Peugeot HQ have been helpful and stepped into rectify an initial purchase issue (wrong wheels delivered). However my experience of the dealerships has been terrible. Being in the Military, I have been unfortunate enough to move location 3 times in the last 2 years, so have experienced 2 dealers (Brighton and Swindon). The initial dealership near Brighton, was fine, if you just wanted to arrive pick the car up and drive off. No explanation on how the car works, or checking to see you were comfortable. Heres the keys, sign the paperwork, goodbye. In fact I got 200m down the road when I realised the windows were broken and wouldnt close....

The dealership in Swindon was bad, terrible in fact. One interim service in which I had to ask for a courtesy car, actually had to beg for one. Then for a warranty repair (ignition coil failed), they tried to charge me £300 for labour, stating only parts were covered, regardless of what the warranty stated in black and white. My girlfriend (who was with me), is a lawyer and pointed out their error in no uncertain terms, and then told them her labour costs if we had to pursue this!

I have had no contact from the dealer, email, phone call or whatever to see how its doing, and no reminders of service other than the indicator on the dashboard. When I took it in for the 10k inspection I was told by the main dealer this was not required and would be charged a full service price for it..

In short, love the car, great service from main office, appaling main dealers in general. I doubt I will return to Peugeot, which is a shame, as I got over my initial concerns over previous Peugeot reputations for bad vehicles. They sorted the vehicle, hope they sort the service out later.
RCZ 200 GT
Pearl White
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL HiFi pack
Integral Leather - Mistral Black
Onyx Black Solstice 19's

Delivered 6 Oct 11!

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help