Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 506
I'm going to be booking my Z in very shortly for it's 2 year service, however when I rang up to get a price I asked about any updates for the NG4 Sat Nav / media player, the lady on the desk said there were none, even after checking out the chassis number :eusa-think:

I find this confusing as it's been said on here that there are updates for the earlier model. :crazy:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
jactac wrote:
I'm going to be booking my Z in very shortly for it's 2 year service, however when I rang up to get a price I asked about any updates for the NG4 Sat Nav / media player, the lady on the desk said there were none, even after checking out the chassis number :eusa-think:

I find this confusing as it's been said on here that there are updates for the earlier model. :crazy:

What software version have you got currently installed jactac?
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 am
jactac User avatar

Now that's a very good question Ron. :eusa-think:
I'm guessing I'll this info in the menu on the NG4, so when Mrs H comes home later I'll take a look.
I would imagine it's the earliest version though.
Does upgrading lose "speed camera" locations ?
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 pm
OO58RON User avatar

jactac wrote:
I'm guessing I'll this info in the menu on the NG4, so when Mrs H comes home later I'll take a look.

No it doesn't. I update my camera info every month. The updates for mine have gone from 26 to 32 to currently 42 not too sure if you can skip any but don't understand why dealer says this
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm
Chuzzbutt User avatar

Kudos: 254
Eeek, I currently have the 26 :sad:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 am
jactac User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
jactac wrote:

No it doesn't. I update my camera info every month. The updates for mine have gone from 26 to 32 to currently 42 not too sure if you can skip any but don't understand why dealer says this

Bit lost now :crazy:
So you update your speed camera info , what method, and how is it done .
Plus you update the NG4 software version.

I've never looked into this as I've been a bit put off by losing everything.
I thought you were a bit put off by techy stuff also Ron. So well done :clap:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 am
jactac User avatar

Chuzzbutt wrote:

26 updates on the software :?:

I dont think mines ever been updated :eusa-think:

how do you find this out :?:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 pm
Smiler Senior Member

Kudos: 33
jactac wrote:
Chuzzbutt wrote:

26 updates on the software :?:

I dont think mines ever been updated :eusa-think:

how do you find this out :?:

Ok, To find the map version & software version
Press and hold the Setup button for 2secs ,choose Description of the unit ,Then Map Versions :thumbup:

The 26 should of read 26.04=software version
Then there was 32.05 part No- 1607329180 £0.04 or free if your dealer is ok :thumbup:
The latest is 42.01 Part No- 9679221680 priced as Above
I found the dealers knew nothing at all about the update discs,All the info i have came from a navigation forum and guys with RCZ's in france share the info on the forum
What is your Map Version ?
More info here for Maps and speedcam info http://peugeot.navigation.com/homepage/ ... en_GB/EUR/

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:40 pm
Chuzzbutt User avatar

Kudos: 254
Great post smiler :thumbup:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm
OO58RON User avatar

jactac wrote:

I buy the mapping updates as and when I am made aware a version is available. I'm currently running the 2012/13 mapping. This will shortly be updated to 2013/14. Bear in mind that on say the 2013/14 mapping, the information of the mapping is based on data captured during the final quarter of 2011.

I also subscribe to the speed camera alert updates, from memory £26/annum. They then send a file through on an Email monthly, which I download onto a USB stick and upload into the cars system. I'm not convinced that this is at all necessary, as camera positions don't alter that much and we don't have a single fixed speed camera in our county anyway!!!!

As for the system updates they seem to be released occasionally and I am lead to believe that you need to update the system with each one in turn and not skip any, however I have not been told that by anybody that I consider to be totally knowledgeable on the subject.

Hope this helps, but if I have left more confusion and doubt then ask and I will try to explain it more clearly :thumbup:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm
gadgetpuk User avatar

Kudos: 110
Ooo can I have your old update disks ? ;-)
Opal White 156 GT
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Type 1 Stripe Decal
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL Speakers

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 am
jactac User avatar

OO58RON wrote:
jactac wrote:

I buy the mapping updates as and when I am made aware a version is available. I'm currently running the 2012/13 mapping. This will shortly be updated to 2013/14. Bear in mind that on say the 2013/14 mapping, the information of the mapping is based on data captured during the final quarter of 2011.

I also subscribe to the speed camera alert updates, from memory £26/annum. They then send a file through on an Email monthly, which I download onto a USB stick and upload into the cars system. I'm not convinced that this is at all necessary, as camera positions don't alter that much and we don't have a single fixed speed camera in our county anyway!!!!

As for the system updates they seem to be released occasionally and I am lead to believe that you need to update the system with each one in turn and not skip any, however I have not been told that by anybody that I consider to be totally knowledgeable on the subject.

Hope this helps, but if I have left more confusion and doubt then ask and I will try to explain it more clearly :thumbup:

So If I read this right, you do ALL updates, yourself not your dealer, even the system updates ?
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:41 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Correct jactac. Simply obtain the firmware update disc from my dealer FOC and sit with engine running for approximately 35 minutes whilst it does it's thing.

Mapping is purchased from Navteq for around about £175 and takes a couple of hours of engine running to complete. All doable by a complete non techy as myself.

I believe that if you have/own something then it should be the best that it can be and so I want my media system to be bang up to date, with any glitches ironed out as quickly as the updates allow.

The firmware updates have really corrected a good deal of the frustrations of the original set up, so well worth doing at apart from fuel, costs nothing.
Last edited by OO58RON on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm
jactac User avatar

I'm going to have to get on top of all the updates, especially the NG4 software updates.
Not sure how helpful my local dealer will be though. :eusa-think:
My maps and speed camera are all original too. :thumbdown:
I've not had any probs though but they obviously need updating.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:38 pm
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 75
You can do the map update while driving (I have done so).
Also via USB it takes less time than via DVD.
This saves you expensive fuel...
Had my first APK (Dutch MOT) and 60000km service today and had NG4 system software updated from 23 to 42 by the dealer as I knew the update can hang and I don't like to have to deal with that. The mechanic told me they just call Peugeot when there's some issue.
He only had 1 disc so I'm pretty sure you don't need to go through all previous updates.
Also had the recall repair done on engine oil pump and put the summer tyres back on. After all spring started today... :mrgreen:
Also the dealer had washed the car and cleaned the interior. :thumbup:
That was needed after my trip to Nuremberg this week where there was a lot of snow.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm
dibster User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
My RCZ is due a service before the end of this month, not booked in as yet, but I think I will have fun when I do due to the fact I am still waiting for them to get me a service book.
They had "lost" it when I bought the car and have promised to get me a new one, still waiting, I gave up asking them a long time ago to sort it out so should be fun when its booked in.
RCZ 1.6THP GT 200 Petrol
Nera Black metallic
19" Sortilege alloy's in Onyx Black with black calipers
'Piano' black front grille
Xenon vision pack
JBL Hi-Fi system

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:17 pm
bee Senior Member

Kudos: 29
ref mystery shopper program. when i took my last car in for its first service, they did not notice my in car video behind the rear view mirror. as the mechanic used my radio during the service it set off my blackvue camera.
well the footage was very interesting, its the first time i have seen a mechanic do a full service with one hand in his pocket and a coffee in the other. all in all i was not impressed with the main dealer staff. :thumbdown:

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:33 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1393
bee wrote:
ref mystery shopper program. when i took my last car in for its first service, they did not notice my in car video behind the rear view mirror. as the mechanic used my radio during the service it set off my blackvue camera.
well the footage was very interesting, its the first time i have seen a mechanic do a full service with one hand in his pocket and a coffee in the other. all in all i was not impressed with the main dealer staff. :thumbdown:

Was that the Hyundai?
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Don't want to sidetrack things but just a very quick question if no one minds, bee have you had a reduction in your insurance from fitting a Blackvue camera? Did you fit them front and back?
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 pm
babysquip User avatar

Kudos: 8
Well I have just had my 20k servie done and it was a very interesting experience, it was a total farse in the dealers to say the least and when the service manager handed the keys to my loan car which had 107 loan car on the fob he then walked me out side to walk around my car to see what condition it was in he says oh its fine, he jumps in to my car shuts the door and leaves me looking at a row of 12 Peugeot 107 and no clue which on was the loan car. The story is worse than this but the funny thing is I had a mystery shopper with me its all on film. :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

Hi all,

I have been following your posts on this subject and it's not good to hear that so many of you are being put off the vehicle or the Brand by your experiences with some of our Dealers.

As I am based at Head office, please do get in touch with me on the following email address - [email protected]. if you are having issues. I will do my best to assist you with whatever issue you have and answer any specific questions about servicing etc.

I hope that I will get some of you volunteering to take part in our Mystery Shopping programme as it's one of the best ways to highlight any issues there are.

Many thanks and regards
Miriam Betts
Charcoal Grey RCZ 163 GT HDI
Sports Chip to 207BHP
Grey Leather
LED DRL
LED Brakes Lights
6000K Hid Conversion Main Beam
6000K Hid Conversion Low Beam

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help