Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1393
Opal white wrote:
Have you got anything in writing about your 'free first service'? My original dealer said the same thing, unfortunately I was given nothing to back this up and did not receive anything free! It's purely sales patter and a method to ensure they receive favourable feedback from Peugeot themselves

I pushed the salesman for an official letter detailing their 'free service offer', he hand wrote 'service letter' on my invoice & initialed it. Unfortunately the salesman finished at the dealership shortly after my purchase, I accidentally sent my initial enquiry to his personal email address & he responded favourably offering to contact the dealership if I wanted him too.

The dealership have since confirmed via email to indicate they have accepted I have this offer but worded it to appear I have to book it in now for the free service & at the same time they will check my media/sat Nav software. I replied early last week questioning what service was on offer for my 12 month old car with less than 5k miles & also confirmed my media software version etc (+ order code for new version as discussed here on the forum), they have not responded as yet even though I sent a further email enquiry on Thursday.

. . I will contact the dealership Manager if I get no sensible reply this week :evil:

I hope you do hear something very soon and that it is favourable to you however your service won't be due for another year do I can't see how they can make you have a service now when it's not warranted. Stick to your guns and hold out for what they promised you. Good luck :)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 506
If this "free 1st Service" is anything like the one I had it's just a quick "walkaround" and a kick of the tyres.
They probably check some levels but that's about it really.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

What is included in this first service? Did they tell you? They certainly used to do a check after 3 months of ownership. This was effectively nothing more than a check of your various liquid levels (oil, brake fluid, coolant etc). As Jactac said, it wasn't much more than kick of the tyres to be honest. Hopefully your proposed service will be a more comprehensive check than that. However, if your car was bought less than half a year ago, I recall that a first year service was brought in that was more thorough than this initial check. Hopefully that's what you are receiving for gratis!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
I suspect that jactac is right here. The optional 10,000 mile or 1 year service is simply a check on fluid levels and as jactac says a kick of the tyres. So nothing too much to get excited about if it does or doesn't happen. Personally I have taken up the optional check, purely for piece of mind.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm
Opal white User avatar

Kudos: 239
I am considering a basic interim service at the back end of March at a local Garage, hopefully the freebie will be the 2 Years/20K service as per Peugeot's Service Policy . . . . Let's see what R & Day Gateshead offer :eusa-think:

Thanks for all your comments & advise :thumbup:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Opal white wrote:
I am considering a basic interim service at the back end of March at a local Garage, hopefully the freebie will be the 2 Years/20K service as per Peugeot's Service Policy . . . . Let's see what R & Day Gateshead offer :eusa-think:

I think that you would be very lucky if they was to do that one for free :o
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm
nelliebear Senior Member

Kudos: 14
Called in to see a new fronted RCZ but told the manager was out in the car at an auction but was coming back that afternoon so I left my business card asking them to call me once he was back that was 5 days ago! SALE LOST! :clap:
Opal White / Opal Dirty - Sport HDI now 2014 Mercury Grey HDI 'B1GHE4D'

Normally found on the M4 between London and Cardiff and Stoke

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

nelliebear wrote:
Called in to see a new fronted RCZ but told the manager was out in the car at an auction but was coming back that afternoon so I left my business card asking them to call me once he was back that was 5 days ago! SALE LOST! :clap:

That's bad :(

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm
Evil Derboy User avatar

Administrator
Administrator

Kudos: 200
I don't understand why people get surprised with this kind of behaviour to be honest.

It's poor but at the end of the day it's retail. It's structured around footfall. Very few of these guys are professional sales people. They're retail sales. Leave your card at Curries and ask them to call you when the new Hotpoint Fridgefreezer comes in and I bet you won't get a call either.

Most of these guys are just retailers pushing tin. That's why the good ones get so much customer loyalty.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm
Opal white User avatar

Kudos: 239
OO58RON wrote:
Opal white wrote:

Success, they have confirmed my 2 Years/20k service is free as offered when I purchased the car. They have also ordered a NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update CD but have commented it is their property so I have to take my car to them to obtain the update, 100 mile round trip :(
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Opal white wrote:
OO58RON wrote:
Opal white wrote:

Success, they have confirmed my 2 Years/20k service is free as offered when I purchased the car. They have also ordered a NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update CD but have commented it is their property so I have to take my car to them to obtain the update, 100 mile round trip :(

Tell em not to bother. I will post you a copy for free. Unless you need an excuse to take your baby for a spin

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Opal white wrote:
OO58RON wrote:
Opal white wrote:

Well that is good news indeed on the free 2 year service. Well done that man :)

Not so good on the 100 mile round trip for the software update :(

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm
jactac User avatar

Opal white wrote:
Since I bought my car from the dealer I have not had a single email or courtesy call, even though the professed to do so at the time of purchase last September.

As my car is coming up 12 months I have tried to make connection with them regarding servicing & an NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update . . . . A very bad experience to date with emails going unanswered, & this is a reputable Peugeot Main Dealer ??? :helpme:

I had a phone call from the deal I bought mine, 3 months after buying it, then exactly a year to the day to ask how things were with the car. :thumbup:

I don't use that dealer though as I live in Swansea and the dealer I bought the car from is in Milton Keynes. So I use my local dealer for servicing ect., which to date I cannot fault..
Last edited by jactac on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 pm
OO58RON User avatar

jactac wrote:
Opal white wrote:
Since I bought my car from the dealer I have not had a single email or courtesy call, even though the professed to do so at the time of purchase last September.

As my car is coming up 12 months I have tried to make connection with them regarding servicing & an NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update . . . . A very bad experience to date with emails going unanswered, & this is a reputable Peugeot Main Dealer ??? :helpme:

I had a phone call from the deal I bought mine, 3 months after buying it, then exactly a year to the day to ask how things were with the car. :thumbup:

Ye. But that was Marcus, not the average sales executive

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm
jactac User avatar

True, but in fact the actual sale was handed over to a fella called Steve at the dealership, it was he that did the follow up calls.
But as Marcus was involved with the forum I guess it all helped.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
Interior Sport Kit,
Front RCZ Splitters
380/360 Led DLR's

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm
OO58RON User avatar

jactac wrote:
True, but in fact the actual sale was handed over to a fella called Steve at the dealership, it was he that did the follow up calls.
But as Marcus was involved with the forum I guess it all helped.

I suspect so too. Marcus is not the norm and is a breath of fresh air :clap:

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Kudos: 4
Hi all,

I have been following your posts on this subject and it's not good to hear that so many of you are being put off the vehicle or the Brand by your experiences with some of our Dealers.

As I am based at Head office, please do get in touch with me on the following email address - [email protected]. if you are having issues. I will do my best to assist you with whatever issue you have and answer any specific questions about servicing etc.

I hope that I will get some of you volunteering to take part in our Mystery Shopping programme as it's one of the best ways to highlight any issues there are.

Many thanks and regards
Miriam Betts
Miriam Betts
Network Excellence Manager
Quality
Peugeot Citroën Automobiles UK Ltd

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm
OO58RON User avatar

It would be so nice to see a similar programme for the sales department. I believe at least 99% of all car buyers would tell you how inept and unknowledgeable they are :thumbdown:

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
If we are going on about sales people then I had to laugh the time I was in a dealership and asked about the asphault they had inside. The person I spoke to didn't even know that it was a special edition and I knew more about it than they did.
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 pm
OO58RON User avatar

xzibit206 wrote:
If we are going on about sales people then I had to laugh the time I was in a dealership and asked about the asphault they had inside. The person I spoke to didn't even know that it was a special edition and I knew more about it than they did.
Yes unfortunately such comments are all too frequent, same as the sales guy upon being asked if they had any of the new facelifted RCZ's, pointed outside to the original model :thumbdown: Well I guess it was a NEW original model :crazy:

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help