Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm
Evil Derboy User avatar

Administrator
Administrator

Kudos: 201
PSA Peugeot Citroen operate an extensive quality programme when it comes to their franchised dealers, regularly monitoring performance with an aim of increasing service standards across the dealer network.

Having been in talks with Peugeot they'd like to extend the opportunity to our members to get involved next time their car is due for a service.

Participation basically involves you having your car serviced as normal but a representative from the Peugeot Mystery Shopper programme will will monitor everything from the initial phone call, to arranging to go along with you to the dealer (as a silent partner) filming the exchange with a button hole camera (note that only the dealership staff are filmed - NOT the customer).

The customer then pays for their service as normal and once Peugeot have collated the mystery shop report, they'll send you a cheque for £85.00 as a thank you.

Personally, I was not aware that manufacturers did this and have to take my hat off to Peugeot (and Citroen) for going to such trouble to monitor the quality of customer service that their dealers provide.

Miriam Betts who runs the Mystery Shopper programme will be along within the next day or so to introduce herself, the programme and explain how to get involved.

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Awesome!! That's certainly offset a chunk of the price of the service!! :thumbup:
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
Is it just me then, but I would feel awful if I did this. It's a very under hand way of going about it. Why do they have to film it? Is it legal even? Why can't they just act as a normal member of the public and take their car in to be serviced and experience for themselves the type of service/customer satisfaction they receive?
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm
Evil Derboy User avatar

Administrator
Administrator

The Dealer network are aware that it happens and have agreed to it. That was my first question, when discussing it with Miriam. My understanding is that by having genuine customers take part, it's a more accurate reflection of the experience rather than have something staged. The camera footage could also be used as a training tool.

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:20 am
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
I would love to show off the excellent service that I receive. The dealership in question should be recognised for it. At the end of the day service good or bad is down to individuals and not companies.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
Sorry but nope. I've yet to have a good experience at an actual Peugeot dealership. Last time in one I was left with oily marks across my cream leather seats. The service was carried out at a non peugeot dealership that does a lot of modification work on peugeots etc and services on the side to keep the business running.

Think I'll save my hundred quid or so and just service it myself. Easy enough to do at a third or so of the price and only an hour or so of my time.
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
I think its not a bad idea. My car is due its service antime now, how do I get involved with this.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 pm
Evil Derboy User avatar

Administrator
Administrator

Miriam will post up details within the next few days.

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm
babysquip User avatar

Kudos: 8
Sounds interesting my GT is coming up for its service so would be very interesting to take part
Charcoal Grey RCZ 163 GT HDI
Sports Chip to 207BHP
Grey Leather
LED DRL
LED Brakes Lights
6000K Hid Conversion Main Beam
6000K Hid Conversion Low Beam

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:15 am
JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
If the option to participate is still around come October I will be most interested.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am

Kudos: 4
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments so far, it's good to see how much interest there is in our programme.

Please be assured that it is all legal and dealers are notified that we carry out mystery shops periodically. We are always aiming to improve the service that our dealers provide to all Peugeot customers and this programme helps us provide training and support to our dealers if required. The reason that we film the experience is to help with relevant training and discussions resulting from the programme.

We will carry out the Mystery shopping programme throughout the year, so even if your car is not due a Service yet, you can still participate later in the year.

For anyone who is interested, please send me an email at [email protected] with your name, address, contact telephone number, preferred Peugeot dealer and when your car is due in. In the meantime, I am happy to answer any questions on this, so please feel free to give me a call on 02476 884072.

Thanks
Miriam Betts
Miriam Betts
Network Excellence Manager
Quality
Peugeot Citroën Automobiles UK Ltd

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm
ryanb Senior Member

Kudos: 3
If my car was due a service I would not hesitate to participate in this, not for the money but to give the guys at Robbins and Day, Abbey Lane, Leicester, the opportunity to get the recognition their service deserves. I hope my new car manufacturers service is as good.
Diesel GT
Sad ex owner of a - Pearl white, Carbon roof, 19" Onyx black Solstice Wheels, Feline kit (no stripes), Black brakes, Black mirrors
Interior sports Kit, Intergral Leather, NG4, JBL Hi Fi Pack

Happy owner of a new Mercedes C250 sport, red with black panoramic roof and lots of toys. Quicker but not as much fun as the best looking car on the road.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Opal white User avatar

Kudos: 239
Since I bought my car from the dealer I have not had a single email or courtesy call, even though the professed to do so at the time of purchase last September.

As my car is coming up 12 months I have tried to make connection with them regarding servicing & an NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update . . . . A very bad experience to date with emails going unanswered, & this is a reputable Peugeot Main Dealer ??? :helpme:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:02 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 891
Opal white wrote:
Since I bought my car from the dealer I have not had a single email or courtesy call, even though the professed to do so at the time of purchase last September.

As my car is coming up 12 months I have tried to make connection with them regarding servicing & an NG4 Media/Sat Nav software update . . . . A very bad experience to date with emails going unanswered, & this is a reputable Peugeot Main Dealer ??? :helpme:

This is your opportunity to show them your gratitude :lol: Book it in for the optional interim service and have the experience recorded for training purposes :clap:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Opal white wrote:

Neither have I. The Sales Team leave a lot to be desired. However, the Service department are top notch and I've no complaints about them. The Sales Team need to learn from them.

The dealer I've ordered my new RCZ from, I suspect, in dealing with them over the last 3 weeks or so, will be completely different. They are keeping me updated constantly and I'm very pleased I travelled the extra miles to deal with them. :)

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 am
Opal white User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
Opal white wrote:

Neither have I. The Sales Team leave a lot to be desired. However, the Service department are top notch and I've no complaints about them. The Sales Team need to learn from them.

The dealer I've ordered my new RCZ from, I suspect, in dealing with them over the last 3 weeks or so, will be completely different. They are keeping me updated constantly and I'm very pleased I travelled the extra miles to deal with them. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I am obviously not alone in this issue . . . . . .

I was given a 'free first service' as part of my purchase deal, hopefully when due the service quality will impress me more than the after-sales service I have received to date . . . only time will tell :eusa-think:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

You're far from alone. I have received a horrifyingly poor service from both the customer services team, GM and parts and services dept at my local dealer. The only positive experience that I have enjoyed has been through my dealings with Peugeot centrally who I cannot commend and thank enough for their efforts. That's my car a couple of weeks over a year old now and I am still awaiting the promised follow up phone call after a year's ownership. :thumbdown: One member on here had such a poor experience with the same dealership that they actually sold their RCZ within the first several months of ownership. :( I would definitely participate in this if I was thinking of taking my car in for a service!!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Opal white wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:
Opal white wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I am obviously not alone in this issue . . . . . .

I was given a 'free first service' as part of my purchase deal, hopefully when due the service quality will impress me more than the after-sales service I have received to date . . . only time will tell :eusa-think:

Have you got anything in writing about your 'free first service'? My original dealer said the same thing, unfortunately I was given nothing to back this up and did not receive anything free! It's purely sales patter and a method to ensure they receive favourable feedback from Peugeot themselves :(

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 pm
xzibit206 Senior Member

Kudos: 46
Lol the dealership near my parents in Edinburgh missed on a sale due to the sheer incompetence of the salesman. Went out for a test drive and was all for the car (even after he decided to rev the arse off the poor car with the engine cold). Then when it came to giving me figures to purchase he wasn't able to get them to me after I called back 3 times and asked for them again and again. So I bought second hand from a car supermarket and hammered the guy down on the price.

Sorry I have an inherent dislike of dealerships as my dad used to be a car salesman in his younger days and told me of all the sly tricks they would pull to get people to buy crap. Being a desktop engineer by day I love nothing more than taking my own engine to bits when I get the chance/have an excuse.

I'll stop dealer bashing now :)
Gary , Nera Black 156 GT

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am
Opal white User avatar

Have you got anything in writing about your 'free first service'? My original dealer said the same thing, unfortunately I was given nothing to back this up and did not receive anything free! It's purely sales patter and a method to ensure they receive favourable feedback from Peugeot themselves

I pushed the salesman for an official letter detailing their 'free service offer', he hand wrote 'service letter' on my invoice & initialed it. Unfortunately the salesman finished at the dealership shortly after my purchase, I accidentally sent my initial enquiry to his personal email address & he responded favourably offering to contact the dealership if I wanted him too.

The dealership have since confirmed via email to indicate they have accepted I have this offer but worded it to appear I have to book it in now for the free service & at the same time they will check my media/sat Nav software. I replied early last week questioning what service was on offer for my 12 month old car with less than 5k miles & also confirmed my media software version etc (+ order code for new version as discussed here on the forum), they have not responded as yet even though I sent a further email enquiry on Thursday.

. . I will contact the dealership Manager if I get no sensible reply this week :evil:
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Next

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help