Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 am
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
Wiggers, that's a shame because my experience of my local Peugeot dealer (Startins Redditch) is considerably better than what you describe. Also they always seem to check if customers are happy with the service they have received, even after minor visits. Can actually be a bit too much! Different dealers, different experiences.....
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 319
I wish I had taken up this mystery shopper programme.
Last Friday my car was booked in for the 1000 check, and as a black magnetic with black wheels I got them to change the silver weights for black ones (pre arranged I supplied weights). I was to wait whilst it was complete. Any how they put the car in the workshop on the ramp then asked me to go through as they wanted to show me something before starting the weight replacement. It turns out that the wheels are already scratched where the wheel bolts go (I had the centre emblems painted black). This was done before I took delivery of the car.
To be fair the sales lady I brought the car from was quite concerned and had a word with the sales manager who said they would sort it out :thumbup: . So after 2.5-3hours I'm told car is ready. When the key was collected they said would I want them to give a free wash so I agreed. We went out to the car and I checked the weights, so far so good :clap: . I noticed and commented on the water marks on the front grill that had dust still in the dried water drops. But there was a bit worse to come!! With the sun behind me I was looking at the drivers side and I could see swirling smears as they washed the car. I said I was not impressed, then I noticed a small white line :shock: I went to touch it and it moved, just a bit of fibre from a cloth. Saw another small white line so went to move it as well. It didn't move I tried the wet finger technique as well didn't budge, ran my nail across it and it fell into the scratch :cry: so after a word with the service manager this will get sorted as well.
The one thing I reported within the first 2 weeks was a squeak from the central storage arm rest. Basically the latch fits into a square hole to secure it but when it gets hot it starts to squeak open the storage and it stops.
So I requested they put something on the catch or around the edge of the hole to stop plastic meeting plastic. Any how this was not done as apparently they could not get it to squeak. It wasn't until I was driving away I noticed the a/c was on!!! Not warm enought to squeak! :helpme:
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:20 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
Sorry to hear of your problems. To be fair it does sound like your dealer is sorting them out without any hassle.

May I suggest that you always ask the dealer NOT to wash the car. You are always going to get swirls and scratches from them. Doesn't matter which dealer or which marque, they are all on a par.

Hope you get your car sorted very soon.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 pm
thackers Member

Kudos: 32
It's a shame the mystery shopper doesn't check the salesmen out. After my local dealer's sales person couldn't rush me into "clicking the button to reserve" he then suddenly found (from a source even he doesn't get to know where the cars are in the country) 2 cars that were in my budget etc. He wanted £500 up front to transport/deposit on them, which he didn't make clear I could claim back if the car wasn't for me.
Up shot of it all, the 2 cars he found were on Auto Trader at £4,000 less than he could do me a deal on. I know for certain this fact as one had very low mileage in a certain colour and the other was with a sat nav as a extra on a Sport model, so no mistaking his cars in a crowd (if you get my drift) :twisted: :twisted:

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 319
Apologies for the late update to my previous post.

The black wheel weights are looking not noticeable!!! :thumbup:

The scratch was sorted out very quickly. :thumbup:

The rattle/vibration from the centre console was sorted with a bit of sticky back felt on the back of the catch. :thumbup:

Finally got my wheels painted (April 2014), so that's all sorted now and they look great. :thumbup:

This month will be Tia2's 1st birthday, so will have to have the 1st annual service.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:43 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 852
So, mine is more or less a year away coz I only just bought it & the dealer gave it its 1st service just before I picked it up, but I would love to take part if the offer is still ongoing when my 2nd service is due, especially as I think my local Peugeot dealership is a garage I wouldn't normally go to, even if I broke down on their forecourt.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:30 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 852
Sent the email yesterday, got a call from Peugeot UK today. Although my service is almost a full year away, they will contact me again just prior to the due date & discuss if my selected garages are available on the program :D
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 pm
Bowerz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
Just a heads up about some of the experiences mentioned here. My old man owns/runs a Peugeot dealership, and have been awarded the Gold Lion award for customer service multiple years running (the exact number escapes me, but I believe one of only 2 years to do so), my advice would be to look for a gold lion dealer if you are worried, or just want a better experience than you are getting!

Post Fri May 01, 2015 9:14 pm
AndyLanson User avatar

Kudos: 43
OO58RON wrote:
I would love to show off the excellent service that I receive. The dealership in question should be recognised for it. At the end of the day service good or bad is down to individuals and not companies.

Totally agree, my local dealer (Peugeot) is superb.

This is perfectly legal and happens with everything from cars to aftershave and beyond.
Andrew Ryan: We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.

Previous

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help