Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Best way to share photos & videos on the site

Best way to share photos & videos on the site

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

tonyrcz

IMAGES

To add an image to your post simply use the img tags. The button for this appears above the area that you type when you create a new post. You use it like this:

[img]http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/d94a8b84-b9fd-4db2-8bba-401eb0bf6169/Image.jpg?p=100426_02:52[/img]

So by typing everything you see in the green font above into your post, you would see the following:

If you want to add one of your own images to the forum, that you may have taken with your camera, for example. Then simply upload the image to your flickr or photobucket account or use tinypic (http://www.tinypic.com (You dont need an account with Tinypic), all of these sites are free to use. Simply visit the site, upload your photo and then cut in paste the link using the same method above. Simples.

VIDEOS
Very similar to the above except you use the youtube tag. Used like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0-4vpiD_W0[/youtube]

The link you use is what appears in the browser address bar on the youtube page with the video on it. DONT use the "embed" options that Youtube provides.

tonyrcz

**PLEASE NOTE** That I would encourage everyone to use the above methods from here on in as eventually the "attachment" function will be phased out. As the site grows the more files attached to the forum starts to impact the speed of the site and so rather than upload them to this site as an attachment its much better to upload them to a dedicated service such as www.tinypic.com or the many other available and simply link to them.

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1393
How does this work with Tapatalk Tony?

When you load a photo via Tapatalk it asks if you want to link it in this forum or
Tapatalk hosted. Presumably it should be Tapatalk hosted ?
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

tonyrcz

RCZ1 wrote:
Presumably it should be Tapatalk hosted ?

Correct. :thumbup:

mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

I have been uploading photos using the tapatalk hosted method and just received a warning that informed me that tapatalk only allows 30 images per forum and that I have uploaded 21! Does anyone know if this is a set limit over a time period or you have 30 and that's your lot?
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

RCZ1 User avatar

When you get to 30 photos it says something about paying, which I was willing to do. Accepted the option but I was never charged and am still posting photos via Tapatalk.

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

mrizzle User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
When you get to 30 photos it says something about paying, which I was willing to do. Accepted the option but I was never charged and am still posting photos via Tapatalk.

I see. Thanks for that RCZ1. Did they disclose what this intended fee would be?
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

RCZ1 User avatar

Can't remember exactly but it was cheap about £1.50 or something like that.

mrizzle User avatar

No worries. Well I'm happy to go that if it saves putting an additional strain on the server.
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

tonyrcz

When you upload images to tapatalk its held on their server rather than ours. So pricing and limits is all down to them.

mrizzle User avatar

That's understandable. I have no issue with paying for them to hold the images on their server.
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

lemans Newbie

Kudos: 4
Can l upload photo's stored on my computer, l am new to the forum and only have basic computer skills. I sometimes sell items on e bay and upload photos and wondered if it was possible to do it in a similar way to that.

Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1019

When you go to make a new post, just underneath where you type, theres a box and one of the tabs is "upload Attachment"

You Click in choose file, then when you have chosen it, click on Add the file :)

lemans Newbie

Thank you, easy when you know how!

OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
Abzynthe wrote:
When you go to make a new post, just underneath where you type, theres a box and one of the tabs is "upload Attachment"

You Click in choose file, then when you have chosen it, click on Add the file :)
However. Despite that being factually correct. It is not an easy option to choose and it was mentioned a while back by the site owner that this option was going to be removed.

I am a computer virgin, I am totally hopeless with technology, however I have found that Photobucket works really well for me. Simply open a free account, upload your photos onto it. (just the one you want to) you can then click onto your shot, copy the IMG link and then paste that into the text/post on here and it will appear. No hassles with picture too big etc etc
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

JonK Regular
Regular

Thanks for help, will try and see what happens :thumbup:

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help