Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help Knocking noise

Knocking noise

Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Competitions & Help. Forum feedback, suggestions and help.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm
Flutchy Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi folks
When reversing on full lock I get a sort of knock noise, almost feels like the tyre is skipping on the road. Anyone had anything similar before I take it to garage?
Thanx.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:55 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1204
It’s an RCZ thing.

The noise is the tyre skipping. It’s something to do with the position of the wheels on full lock. Certain tyres and certain conditions make the noise worse, usually when it’s cold and possibly wet. The tyres are colder and harder, and the surface slippery.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 8
i had same problem in forward and reverse,changed my front tyres from f1 eagles to continental sports and haven't had any bother since.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:45 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 667
Hello there Bailey, have we eventually risen out of hibernation? :lol: when are we going to see your beautiful Z?
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 783
I think Bailey needs to change his profile picture - or should I say I do !!

Come on Mick we need to see some more Pics of your car out and about and not wearing Leeds colours - LOL :D
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:48 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

lol mic

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm
bailey User avatar

Regular
Regular

neilgsxr69 wrote:
Hello there Bailey, have we eventually risen out of hibernation? :lol: when are we going to see your beautiful Z?

not very good on these things neil so tend not to mess .plecadorus had to put my last pics on .hope to meet up soon and have a good catch up :beer:

Return to Peugeot RCZ Forum News, Announcements & Forum Help