Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Soft99 Fusso coat King of gloss review

Soft99 Fusso coat King of gloss review

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:53 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 204
Hi, I've recently bought some of the new soft99 car wax and this is the best product I've ever used!
Bought off eBay for around £25 for a 200g tin complete with sponge applicator.
The polish comes in a paste form and can be bought in different variants for different paint colours and finishes.
I went for the white pearl ideal for my car. I applied it on a cold dull day and to be honest had trouble seeing where I had applied it (virtually same colour as my car)and I'm sure I put too much on as it went on really easily and seemed to go a long way I would say that you could easily get 5-7 applications per tin and as one application is supposed to last 12 months that's great value for money.
Makers say it can take 15-25 minutes to dry in cold weather so I did all the car before buffing off.
The polish came off really easily and left a lovely high gloss finish. The makers say you should keep the car dry for 24hours to give the polish time to harden off.
I've just washed my car after a couple of weeks and due to having a powerstation virtually in my back yard the paintwork was full of "fall out".
I noticed that the dirt washed off the paintwork effortlessly a definite difference from previous washes.
After leathering dry the paintwork gleamed with a lovely high gloss.

Every time it rains the beading is impressive and I'm well pleased I can tell this product is head and shoulders above anything I've used before.
If your looking to try another wax I'd definitely give the soft99 a go I think you will be impressed!

Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
Nice review :) although you call it a polish but it's actually a hybrid wax as it contains no carnauba but synthetics. Also less is always more so from a 200g pot I would expect that you will get more like 30+ applications from it. If you only get 5-7, you are using way too much, which is a waste.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

neilgsxr69 User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
Nice review :) although you call it a polish but it's actually a hybrid wax as it contains no carnauba but synthetics. Also less is always more so from a 200g pot I would expect that you will get more like 30+ applications from it. If you only get 5-7, you are using way too much, which is a waste.

Hi,thanks
Yes I have an habit of calling all car care products "polish" but as you say it's a hybrid synthetic mix.
The company I bought it from stated that there would be enough in the tin to do 5 cars but I agree there should be enough to do many more applications.
I definitely used too much due to the poor light and cold weather making the wax take longer to dry off. :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

jonsimps Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
Fully endorse neilgsxr69's comments . I used the same product opting for the polish for dark paint, and 6 months in, after a wash it does look as good as the day it was applied. A good sign is it draws comments from work colleagues who are anything but car enthusiasts, about how shiny the car looks.
Same can be said for my other car and motorbike!

Post Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 193
Watched a lot of videos about Soft99 and I went for the Soft99 - Fusso Coat light. This is very similar and gives a good shine but not as high as the King of Gloss, where it does excel is it's hydrophobic properties, and yes its a synthetic mix, probably with silicon or silica. It is gauranteed to give 12 months protection and that has been well tested in the auto cleaning world.
Mine too comes in a 200g tin which does look twice the size, but the lid hides the applicator which is nearly the same size as the tin.
Upto now it is looking good, time will tell.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :lol:

Cuore Sportivo User avatar

Kudos: 67
Seen this before and considered trying it.

Currently using Poorboys Blackhole glaze, with Chemical Guys Butter wet wax on top.

Sometimes use Bilt Hamber wax as a treat, but find it hard work. Think I'm getting old.
:D

RCZIain Senior Member

Kudos: 66
I'm using Wowo's products at the moment. Contact 121 wax is good stuff. Their quick detailer is brilliant as well.
I got one of their big daddy boxes earlier in the year. Happy with 99% of it, but I'd rather it came with tyre dressing (although I think at that time they hadn't one in their range) instead of leather conditioner. Which let's face it is useless.
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 843
I was really keen on trying this product until I read the bit about having to keep it dry for 24 hours to harden - I live in Yorkshire :helpme:

:lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

neilgsxr69 User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
I was really keen on trying this product until I read the bit about having to keep it dry for 24 hours to harden - I live in Yorkshire :helpme:

:lol:

Me too Pete, I don't think it matters that much it drys just like any wax quite quickly so best to do a panel at a time. Best thing about this wax is its beading and longevity. :beer:

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 843
I risked it big time today, did the entire car before Machine buffing, Sky was pretty black & just had a few spots as I was finishing off. I had visions of having a hazy Matt car covered in rain at one point, but I got away with it.
I might give this one a try.
Attachments
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG (251.54 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

RCZIain Senior Member

Kudos: 66
Very nice 8-)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care