Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Nurburgring time for the RCZ R?

Nurburgring time for the RCZ R?

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:16 pm
Daniel1995mini Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
Hi, does anybody know what was the quickest time set at the Ring by a RCZ R, and was it a sub 8 min? Just watched a couple of clips on YouTube and they look quick, but on a couple they get held up in traffic, the other they lifted off at the end and also had a passenger on board?
Thanks

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:00 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1133
Wow, I can't believe how difficult it is to find a recorded time for the RCZ, let alone the R round Nurburgring.

The only actual time I have found is 8.04 by an R owner.

Apparently Peugeot have said they won't "play the game" when it comes to setting official times round this track, as they said it is too easy for a manufacturer to artificially boost a specific car for a specific run, and it's easy to strip a car down which could easily shave several seconds off a single lap time.

I suppose they have a point, but I would still love to see an "official" lap time for a Z especially an R round this track.

RCZ 1, Kerry, get yourself over there with a stopwatch immediately :eusa-whistle:
Last edited by DKZ5745 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:45 pm
Daniel1995mini Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
I would like to see what the R could do on a clear run with a professional driver, I think it could give the Renault, Seat or maybe the new Honda a run for its money, I'm surprised that Peugeot have that view with the Ring, they went the full hog when they went for the Pikes Peak record!!

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
different horses for different courses....... still would like to see a hot lap set though.... i think in the hands of bradley philpot the R could really set a fast time.
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:51 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1481
It would certainly set a very good time, up there with the Renault and others. I'd like to drive the Ring but not in my own :)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:04 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 268
Daniel1995mini wrote:
I would like to see what the R could do on a clear run with a professional driver, I think it could give the Renault, Seat or maybe the new Honda a run for its money, I'm surprised that Peugeot have that view with the Ring, they went the full hog when they went for the Pikes Peak record!!

sorry, no way the R can be faster around the Ring than a Megane Trophy 275 or even the new Honda Civic.
The R's chassis is too weak to transfer all the load properly to steering and suspension on a track like the Ring. You only need to take a test drive in those cars to actually feel the difference.
A time of 8.04 for the R sounds realistic and already very fast.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care