Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Tianorth's Black Beauty

Tianorth's Black Beauty

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1481
In the week leading up to the Yorkshire Meet, Tianorth (Chris) asked me if I could show him how to detail his car. Below are some photographs from the day and Chris even did some machine polishing.

All photos have no filters and are straight from the iPhone camera.

Car was snow foamed, washed, fully decontaminated using Carpro Iron X and Autosmart Tardis before being clayed with the Carbon Collective Exfoli clay mitt.

After machine polishing only, on the bonnet ( with Scholl Concepts S40 polish) - reflection

And another

Boot reflection

Polished exhausts - with Auto Finesse Mercury

Finished photos with a coat of Waxaddict Development wax. One of the easiest waxes I've ever used. Easy on easy off.
Tyres dressed with Juicy Details Iced Apple. Alloys protected with Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine.

Roof arches protected with Autosmart Topaz. It's an unusual product this as its a sealant, cum polish but doesn't cleanse. It an be used on all areas of the car (but not windows). It's great on trim and does NOT leave white polish marks on trim, which is always a bonus. It gives protection for up to 3 months and is very easy to use.

Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon May 11, 2015 12:56 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1130
Jeeeez that's shiny :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon May 11, 2015 11:15 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 542
Very nice, looked great up close at the meet, the finish really made Chris's car stand out.
Was impressed with the quads what a great job!

Great photos too nice to see a photo without the aid of photoshop!!! :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon May 11, 2015 8:14 pm
howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 66
Roof arches protected with Autosmart Topaz. It's an unusual product this as its a sealant, cum polish but doesn't cleanse. It an be used on all areas of the car (but not windows). It's great on trim and does NOT leave white polish marks on trim, which is always a bonus. It gives protection for up to 3 months and is very easy to use.

Now that does look nice!! :thumbup:

sorry for jumping in on this thread but i just wanted to ask what you thought of the autosmart topaz?
i was looking at some comments on line and was looking at buying 500ml or a litre from ebay.
whats your unbiased opinion on this, reports online say apply on top of wax or wax on top
i'd be applying b hand..... cheers..H
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Mon May 11, 2015 11:11 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1481
howardf wrote:

Now that does look nice!! :thumbup:

sorry for jumping in on this thread but i just wanted to ask what you thought of the autosmart topaz?
i was looking at some comments on line and was looking at buying 500ml or a litre from ebay.
whats your unbiased opinion on this, reports online say apply on top of wax or wax on top
i'd be applying b hand..... cheers..H

That's the thing about Topaz. You can apply it under wax, over wax, wherever you like. Because it has no cleansers it won't remove a layer of wax on the car but it does add a good shine as it's also called a glaze but with protection properties.

It's an easy product to apply and buff off and my favourite thing is that it brings trim up very nice indeed. It doesn't last too long on trim but then it doesn't take long to just reapply when required.. I bought 500ml from a friend as 5L would last me forever. It's a very versatile product and very good if you want to add a quick shine without too much trouble.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue May 12, 2015 7:04 am
howardf Senior Member

Kudos: 66
That's the thing about Topaz. You can apply it under wax, over wax, wherever you like. Because it has no cleansers it won't remove a layer of wax on the car but it does add a good shine as it's also called a glaze but with protection properties.

It's an easy product to apply and buff off and my favourite thing is that it brings trim up very nice indeed. It doesn't last too long on trim but then it doesn't take long to just reapply when required.. I bought 500ml from a friend as 5L would last me forever. It's a very versatile product and very good if you want to add a quick shine without too much trouble.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice RCZ1, I will give it a go!

H
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Sun May 24, 2015 11:52 pm
duse Senior Member

Kudos: 17
did someone mention 'cum' somewhere?! :wtf:
Democracy falls down at the point where you have to persuade stupid people to vote for you..

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care