Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Chrome to black arches

Chrome to black arches

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 am
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 5
Thinking of wrapping my arches gloss black to match my wheels, is any of you guys good on photoshop it would be much appreciated if you could alter my attached photo of two options, just the arches gloss black or the arches and the wing mirrors.
IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4127.JPG (35.46 KiB) Viewed 3089 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:47 pm
Sanity Senior Member

Kudos: 43

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:53 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

That looks the part sanity...

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 320
Check out my pics cause I wrapped mine in gloss black.
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:49 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

Hi renegade not sure how to view your photos been looking through some of your posts but couldn't find photo of your car

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 am
DanRo User avatar

Kudos: 182
Much better :thumbup:
Owner of a Black Perla RCZR

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:29 am
renegade79 User avatar

Mirrors wrapped aswell.

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:21 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

renegade79 wrote:

Mirrors wrapped aswell.

That's my mind made up... Much better

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:55 am
tommysrcz Member

Kudos: 1
looks good how much does that cost if you don't mind me asking as I am thinking of doing the same

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm
renegade79 User avatar

I think I paid about €80 which is a steal cause I've heard of others spending a lot more. And the guy who did mine spend 2-3 hours doing it. I was really pleased with the result! I also gave the arches a good clean, polish and sealant before the wrap went on! The only niggle he had was wrapping the mirrors. They were a little tricky and he had to make 3 attempts before he was happy with the end result. I was lucky that this guy was particular about his work and he wouldn't let me leave until he was happy with the transformation.
Another one:

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:12 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

tommysrcz wrote:
looks good how much does that cost if you don't mind me asking as I am thinking of doing the same

I've been quoted £120

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:47 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
My wing mirrors cost me around £120. My wrapper dismantled them and wrapped them and then put them all back together again which ensured no seams / tucks. My wrapper also uses a cutting tape which means he doesn't cut on the car / item. The tape cuts from the inside out. It took him 3 hours per wing mirror in total.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

RCZ1 wrote:
My wing mirrors cost me around £120. My wrapper dismantled them and wrapped them and then put them all back together again which ensured no seams / tucks. My wrapper also uses a cutting tape which means he doesn't cut on the car / item. The tape cuts from the inside out. It took him 3 hours per wing mirror in total.

When I double checked it was £120 for the roof bars and £40 each for the wing mirrors... Looking to get it done next week, it's a company called wrap monkey in Sunderland.

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:57 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Post some pics when done!

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
Anth SAFC wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

When I double checked it was £120 for the roof bars and £40 each for the wing mirrors... Looking to get it done next week, it's a company called wrap monkey in Sunderland.

He won't be taking the mirrors apart then for £40.

It was the time taken to do each mirror which increased the price BUT it ensured a seamless finish.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:18 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

Will do booked in for Thursday... Only downside the wife has just scraped one of my alloys, she denies it but took my car off drive this morning and parked on kerb...

Post Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

RCZ1 wrote:
Anth SAFC wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

It was the time taken to do each mirror which increased the price BUT it ensured a seamless finish.

£40 each so £80 for both wing mirrors, I will ask him how he does them tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up though

Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:20 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

RCZ1 wrote:
Anth SAFC wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:

Tried to drop car off today but the lad had booked a Range Rover in and said he hadn't seen my email booking, I have to wait a couple of weeks now as I'm going on hols.. He did say that the wing mirrors would have to be done in 3 pieces..

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:52 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

Finally got round to dropping my car in, must say the lads at wrap monkey done a cracking job, photo quality not the best as it was getting dark when I picked car up will put a comparison photos on later before and after...Image

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:29 pm
Anth SAFC User avatar

Regular
Regular

ImageImageImageImageImage

Next

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care