Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Another post about arches!

Another post about arches!

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 48

This is what I think the problem is, especially with mine. I have read they are anodised, and it seems the corrosion is happening under this hard coat.

I know that sounds impossible, but I have tried various methods, even used Autosol with a buffing pad on a drill to try and remove the marks but nothing changes. Here is a close up pic to show what I mean.

This is exactly what mine look like.
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:08 pm
wilsofar Regular
Regular

Kudos: 19
Yesterday I decided to give the arches another go.I found that G3 Professional Scratch Remover did a marvellous job in ridding all water marks etc.

It's much kinder than T cut but still does the job without damage and has left a super shiney surface.

How I can keep it like that I don't know ,but it didn't need much elbow grease to clean the surface so not too much a job to do it every time I wash the Z (which admittedly isn't that often!)

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:43 pm
beaks User avatar

Kudos: 59
wilsofar wrote:
Yesterday I decided to give the arches another go.I found that G3 Professional Scratch Remover did a marvellous job in ridding all water marks etc.

It's much kinder than T cut but still does the job without damage and has left a super shiney surface.

How I can keep it like that I don't know ,but it didn't need much elbow grease to clean the surface so not too much a job to do it every time I wash the Z (which admittedly isn't that often!)

was it the liquid or the paste?

not sure if one is better than the other!?

thanks for the info :-)

ian b
@teambeaks

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 pm
wilsofar Regular
Regular

Kudos: 19
It's Liquid and is like a cream.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 pm
beaks User avatar

Kudos: 59
wilsofar wrote:
It's Liquid and is like a cream.

I used the paste with the same brand applicator pads and found the result was excellent - thanks for the tip! (I've tried AutoGlym and Dodojuice products and the G3 was much, much better!)

Next question - now my arches are better... can they be 'sealed' in the same way as paintwork?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ian B
@teambeaks

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 691
Yes Definitely, loads of products on the market to seal the arches most ceramic coatings will do the job I prefer soft99 products but the choice is endless. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 am
MarksRCZ Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi
This did a pretty good job of cleaning the white spots from the arches of my RCZ and leaves a protective film.

From my research: The arches are made from anodised aluminium so abrasive polishes or pastes (and some chemicals) remove the protective coating, leaving them exposed to oxidisation (aka rust - aluminium rust is

Happy motoring

MarksRCZ
Attachments
DD00B26C-44BB-4818-A3CA-299934D68BEC.jpeg
DD00B26C-44BB-4818-A3CA-299934D68BEC.jpeg (210.66 KiB) Viewed 246 times

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm
OkeyStokey Regular
Regular

Kudos: 25
Just tried the Autosol anodised aluminium polish and it didn't work in my situation.
I have used Autosol metal polish on other products before but this was totally different. It seems to be more of a gel that you leave on and then wipe off with a damp cloth (no rubbing/buffing).

It looked good when applied, and got my hopes up, but went back to white spots after drying. See photos.

arch untouched.JPG
arch untouched.JPG (251.27 KiB) Viewed 36 times

This side didnt receive any treatment and has been untouched since it's wax coat last year.

arch after autosol.JPG
arch after autosol.JPG (253.19 KiB) Viewed 36 times

This is the treated side.

I wiped the arches down with a damp cloth to clean off any dirt etc. so I don't think the wax coat would interfere.

I left the gel/polish on for about 20 minutes as the instructions lack specific detail. If you know of a better way to use the product let me know.

As I have mentioned, I believe the corrosion is "under" the hard coat of anodising, so nothing will have an effect unless you can get under it.

Previous

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care