Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Detailing & Car Care Another post about arches!

Another post about arches!

Discuss everything to do with cleaning, waxing & detailing your RCZ.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 41

This is what I think the problem is, especially with mine. I have read they are anodised, and it seems the corrosion is happening under this hard coat.

I know that sounds impossible, but I have tried various methods, even used Autosol with a buffing pad on a drill to try and remove the marks but nothing changes. Here is a close up pic to show what I mean.

This is exactly what mine look like.
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:08 pm
wilsofar Regular
Regular

Kudos: 18
Yesterday I decided to give the arches another go.I found that G3 Professional Scratch Remover did a marvellous job in ridding all water marks etc.

It's much kinder than T cut but still does the job without damage and has left a super shiney surface.

How I can keep it like that I don't know ,but it didn't need much elbow grease to clean the surface so not too much a job to do it every time I wash the Z (which admittedly isn't that often!)

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:43 pm
beaks User avatar

Kudos: 45
wilsofar wrote:
Yesterday I decided to give the arches another go.I found that G3 Professional Scratch Remover did a marvellous job in ridding all water marks etc.

It's much kinder than T cut but still does the job without damage and has left a super shiney surface.

How I can keep it like that I don't know ,but it didn't need much elbow grease to clean the surface so not too much a job to do it every time I wash the Z (which admittedly isn't that often!)

was it the liquid or the paste?

not sure if one is better than the other!?

thanks for the info :-)

ian b
@teambeaks

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 pm
wilsofar Regular
Regular

Kudos: 18
It's Liquid and is like a cream.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 pm
beaks User avatar

Kudos: 45
wilsofar wrote:
It's Liquid and is like a cream.

I used the paste with the same brand applicator pads and found the result was excellent - thanks for the tip! (I've tried AutoGlym and Dodojuice products and the G3 was much, much better!)

Next question - now my arches are better... can they be 'sealed' in the same way as paintwork?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ian B
@teambeaks

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 608
Yes Definitely, loads of products on the market to seal the arches most ceramic coatings will do the job I prefer soft99 products but the choice is endless. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Previous

Return to RCZ Detailing & Car Care