Board index Peugeot RCZ Member's Gallery Pic of my newly fitted RHS dummy twin pipe

Pic of my newly fitted RHS dummy twin pipe

Share your pictures of your pride & joy!

Post Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:32 pm
Robster34 Member

Kudos: 12

Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Looks decent :) Was it hard to do? I sold one recently and i kept getting asked how it would fit.

SEVEN7SEV3N Senior Member

Kudos: 44
Looks good in my eyes. But would this be classed as a modification ? Just wondering. Might be worth checking with insurance just to on the safe side. :eusa-think: that's if you haven't done already ?

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
Nice :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Robster34 Member

Cheers guys.

I bought this one from EBay. The twin pipe had already been modified by the previous owner. A bracket requires to be custom made for it to fit. The rear screws into a hole where the valance is secured. The front rest inside the bumper. Quite cleaver actually.

Can take it off and show anyone who is interested in need be. Cutting the valance was easy as I had a template. I glued a rubber seal on the edge where I cut it to have a similar finish to the other side.

Looks and fits well I think.

Happy

Kudos: 4
Hi,
If you have any problems with insurance at all for a modified car then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Sophr7735 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 5
Hi Robster,

I sent you a PM but i'm not sure if it sent or not, it's in my 'outbox'!

I'm looking to do the same job as your dummy tail pipes on the right side :thumbup: i have the part (a set of used tips from the left side) - which i hope is the same?

Can i ask, did you dismantle the rear valance before cutting it? also, Does the existing metal bracket on the top side of the tail pipes just slot in and rest on the valance when fitted? Meaning, the only thing holding them on is the custom-made bracket welded to the back of the tips? :eusa-think: and this is held on with the same screw that held the valance in place before cutting?

Sorry for all the Qus... my dad is looking to help me fit them, but even he is a bit worried about taking on the job and then none of it fitting together! :?

Any help or advice, very very welcome :D

2retro User avatar

Kudos: 538
Sophr7735 wrote:

Hi Sophr7735, I don't know the answers to your technical questions but I can tell you PM's stay in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient. A bit weird but now you know.

Hopefully Robster will be along soon to answer the other questions for you. :thumbup:

Sophr7735 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 5
2retro wrote:
Sophr7735 wrote:

Hi Sophr7735, I don't know the answers to your technical questions but I can tell you PM's stay in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient. A bit weird but now you know.

Hopefully Robster will be along soon to answer the other questions for you. :thumbup:

Ahaaa, thought that may be the case :) thanks! :) :thumbup:
EeyoRe the Mercury Grey RCZ R with front park option & JBL HiFi

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 375
The valance is held on by 3 T30 torx screws (in the middle) and 2 push poppers (one at each end).
Bracket to hold the tailpipes to be made can be fitted to the 2 lower bolts that secure the metal bumper bar.

The bracket can be similar to the right hand side on this.

The valance I cut using a pad saw (the one for cutting plasterboard) very effective and able to go around corners.

Might be worthwhile blanking off the rear of the tailpipes so you cannot see any daylight from the rear (also painting blanking black)

Have a look at this thread to see my results.
http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9070#p113720
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Robster34 Member

Hi Sophie

I sent you a pm yesterday :-)

Return to Member's Gallery