Board index Peugeot RCZ Member's Gallery New camera snaps.

New camera snaps.

Share your pictures of your pride & joy!

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Below are some pictures I have taken with the camera I got for my birthday. I dont use cameras very often and this is my first DSLR. Its a Nikon D5200 with a 18-55mm VR Lens.

Any tips for this camera? I've used the autobracketing, but is there any way of making it take more than 3 pictures? I've also used the HDR mode, but it always comes out blurry lol.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:16 pm
db-alex User avatar

Kudos: 20
I don't know anything about cameras but WOW loving your car! That has to be the best one I've seen :)

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:59 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:24 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Your RCZ is looking stonking! :thumbup:

To be honest Abz, to make the most of your DSLR takes time and a lot of patience. Your package lens is a good starting place. However, the base isn't nearly as important as the lenses and, over time, you will want to extend your range of lenses.

The next most significant but, at this point the most important thing you need to get to grips with are the camera's modes. The "creative settings" are where it's at. I can see that you're already having a crack at macro photography.

I have always used Canons so can't really comment on tips for this brand and I'm unfamiliar with the settings etc. The internet is your friend here and there are endless sources of useful tips and hints. However, the best way to learn (and I'm still no master) is through just getting out there and having a crack. Enjoy your shooting and take as many photos as you can. This is an interesting article on the principal that we should take more photos and keep less. Happy shooting! :thumbup:

http://digital-photography-school.com/t ... keep-less/
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:39 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Thanks, thats helpful :thumbup:

I have been on the Nikon site and watched a few of their videos. But I'm confused with all the jargony bits lol. I have read that I can make 32bit HDR photos from RAW photos, I know I can do that in photoshop, but it will only save as an 8bit if I select jpeg :crazy:

My dad has a few lenses I can borrow, so at least I wont be spending all my money on that straight away lol. I've seen a few filter sets, and I need a tripod though.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:12 pm
tony1968 User avatar

Kudos: 43
I am not fantastic at photography but have 2 Nikon DSLR's, a D80 (which was my first DSLR) and now a D7100.

Kit lenses are normally ok, a bit of a jack of all trades but master of none so its recommended to get something decent at some point (the nikon 50mm 1.8 AF-S G lens is a must to any Nikon photographer and its less than 150 quid :thumbup: )

There are 3 things with photography you have to understand, Apature, ISO and shutter speed.

Here is a quick guide i found, it should be easy to understand, lower the F stop you shoot at, the more light it lets in, the less depth of field you have (you get blurred backgrounds basically), shoot at F1.8 it will just have the subject sharp and everything else blurred, shoot at F22 and the lot should be sharp.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... posure.htm

HTH :mrgreen:

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Bang on tony! The three aspects that you mentioned (ISO, shutter speed and aperture) are key to good photography.

I'd also agree that a selection of prime lenses is essential bu,t in the future once you've mastered the "basics". My 28mm, 50mm and 70mm lenses are my most used lenses these days. It all depends on what you want to shoot.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:23 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Thanks guys, Ill have a play with those three. They are on auto for all the pics I have taken so far. I have noticed that the shutter speed it quite slow.

My dads most used lens is a 70-300mm.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:32 pm
tony1968 User avatar

I have the 70-300mm VR F4-5.6, good lens (though it is an FX lens), my most used is a Sigma 17-70mm DX OSM Macro lens, then 2 others which are the 50mm F1.8 G (FX lens) and a 105mm Macro Prime (nikon) which I was lucky enough to get off a guy I know who only used it a few times in the studio so its as good as new for half the price retail :o

If you can get one more then I would seriously recommend that Sigma 17-70mm OSM Macro lens, its nice for the price (around 350 quid).

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:37 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Just had a look on ebay. I found one, but it says it wont autofocus with my camera.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 pm
mrizzle User avatar

There are a few good sources of camera equipment that I use who retail at considerably below RRPs. I'll slap them in a post shortly. One is based in China so it does take a while for things to come through but they're widely used in this country and their items are genuine.
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:26 pm
tony1968 User avatar

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:09 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Abz, these are two places that I'd highly recommend looking at. Both have a fantastic selection of new and used items at really good prices. I'd highly recommend that you get a UV filter for all your lenses ASAP. They're cheap and I generally but Hoya ones. Most people buy them for the simple fact that they will prevent scratching to the outside of the lens, the UV filter aspect is a bonus.

http://www.wexphotographic.com

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:19 am
Opal white User avatar

Kudos: 242
Great first set of photos Abzynthe, I would be pleased with them . . . . .Sounds like you are already getting into advanced techniques with your new camera & getting some great tips from forum members :thumbup:

With respect to your blurred HDR photos, using onboard camera HDR you need a solid tripod or certainly a good strong stance, any slight movement between the bracketed photos could (& probably will) result in misalignment when the photos are merged by the camera's processing software. I use Photomatix software for HDR I think it's about the most popular on the market & relatively easy to use, saying that HDR is not every bodies cup of tea because it's so easy to get carried away & over process images.

I would recommend shooting in RAW, so much versatility (& recovery) in post processing . . . . & Adobe Lightroom is a great program if you like to take plenty of photos & need a good control of workflow.
RCZ GT HDi 163
Pearl White
Simple Leather
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL
Onyx Black Solstice

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:27 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Ill have a look at those programs :) Im using Photoshop CS6 at the moment it has a merge to HDR function which isnt bad. I just need to take the right pictures before hand lol.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:31 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Photomatix is brilliant :D

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:08 pm
mrizzle User avatar

I've never used it but you guys have got me curious and this are looking brilliant Abz! :thumbup:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:59 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

I'll definitely vouch for it. The BMWi8 photos are going to be used on the world of detailing website.

Not bad for some random photos lol

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:08 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Nice work buddy!! :thumbup:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Heres a few more pics :)

Next

Return to Member's Gallery