Board index Peugeot RCZ Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews RCZ Convertible!

RCZ Convertible!

Latest RCZ News, Reviews and anything else relevant.

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 pm
robbo Senior Member

Kudos: 0
Fish Brothers in Swindon

from the pics it does look cool
picked her up 14th January 2011

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:19 pm
Exclamation Senior Member

I can see them doing a soft-top version: Peugeot don't have one on the market at the moment. But a hard-top would be madness: the RCZ is heavy enough already so the mechanism would kill its performance and it wouldn't be different enough from the 308cc (in part because the boot-line would need to be raised).

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 pm
RCZ146 Senior Member

Kudos: 1
I'd love an RCZ with a soft top roof not a folding hard top which would waste the performance

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm
MARTHAMAY22 Senior Member

VASS wrote:
bugger! I'd have waited for that !

It's not too late Vass. We've been quoted £160 for dummy pipes, altho not sure how much fitting will be as we are having them fitted once our GT arrives at dealers. Pipes are Peugeot parts & I'm sure your dealer will oblige - our is! Southgate also do them! :thumbup:

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 am
Southgate Regular
Regular

Fitting Price, erm, its not pleasant! Including pipes its a £549 price, which isnt too bad considering how fiddly it is. Your dealership may be a bit gentle with the price though, if their workshop doesnt charge them the earth. We as sales pay more than joe public! Its not fair!

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:41 am
RBH58 Newbie

Looks good, but it will be rubbish. When they cut the roof of cars they always are. They're either as wobbly as blancmange or gain 100kgs in weight (which the RCZ certainly can't afford to do). Sometimes both

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 pm
jb77 Regular
Regular

Hi all,

To my amazement in the 'New Cars coming in the future' section in Auto Express a few weeks back I saw "RCZ convertible". It even gave the year (2012 if my memory serves me correctly!).

Is this a reliable source? Are Peugeot plunging for this again??

JB77

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:56 am
RCZ007 Member

Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and
double make this car

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:40 pm
BangorRCZ Senior Member

RCZ007 wrote:
Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and double make this car

Have to agree, even though convertibles look so good when the sun's out, but the coupe is sooooo distinctive with its lines I think a cc would spoil that.
156GT (Freddie) Mercury grey, lama leather, onyx soltice alloys, RCZ plate & keyring c/o Sandra's hubby

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1185
BangorRCZ wrote:
RCZ007 wrote:
Something is lost , the coupe looks much better , the archs and double make this car

Have to agree, even though convertibles look so good when the sun's out, but the coupe is sooooo distinctive with its lines I think a cc would spoil that.

I'd have to agree with both of the above. Unless Peugeot came up with something similarly unique with the convertible version, I don't think it would be as striking as the coupe.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:53 pm
Helen RCZ User avatar

My impression of what the car should look like. I will post a few more later on.
Attachments
RZC_Spider_Small_UK.jpg

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 pm
FGRob User avatar

It's not going to happen any time soon ;)
Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm
shinyred User avatar

I agree with the people who say Peugeot have no current plans for a convertible - I made 'inside enquiries' when I decided to buy one. The issue is of course the unique rear window. This does not mean there will never be a convertible, but it's far enough off for me to have bought one now and wait to see what happens in the future.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm
supagills Newbie

Nice idea, but one of the reasons I went for the RCZ, all well as the stunning looks, was the boot size. This will be lost with the soft top

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

You won't always have a boot full; then again it may be full of roof at times:-)

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 pm
adrian User avatar

Spoke to a friend who has been close to this... and in a nutshell they looked at a convertible but it will not have the arches or the bubble glass (but flat glass at the back) borrowed from a 308cc . More likely would be a T Top type which means the centre roof panel can be removed and put in the boot. The other issue is no more space for a bigger engine and chassis strengthening would add weight and impact performance and handling..exact words were it would be slow and heavy

Dont expect a convertible anytime soon if ever
Adrian

Pearl white GT THP200
Integral leather (black)
JPL Hi-fi Pack
Navigation Pack
Vision Pack
Black brakes
19 inch sortilege
Quads

Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 pm
manelin Senior Member

site-visit-magna-steyr-graz-austria-6th-may-t1322.html

read this... this post is about a visit to the assembly factory of the RCZ

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 am
lionhart User avatar

Kudos: 15
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.43 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
funny lines on the arches like on the 308cc :eusa-think:could be just the way it looks
RCZ GT 200 Dolphin blue
Full RCZ R Exhaust
LED running lights
K&N filter

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 pm
tomy90 Senior Member

Kudos: 10
looks to me like fake arches on the RCZ (or look alike RCZ) I am guessing its a folding metal roof then they are aiming to do
Future BMW M235i owner - Melbourne Red - Now Mine

156 GT, Opal White, 19" 'Sportliege' Alloy Wheels Midnight Silver, Black Mirrors, Black Callipers, Black Leather, Black Mesh Grill, Black Side Stripe, Quad Exhaust (Feline Pack)

http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd447/TommySmurf/My%20RCZ/

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:29 am
cb00ppm Regular
Regular

I think they're more likely to release a version with a panoramic roof - that way they can maintain the unique style of the roof.

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews